Boomboom

NAB 2019 ... still no ''wish list'' topic already ?

Feb. 10th and still no discussion about all that gear we've got in our craving minds for 2019 ? I'm stunned‚Ķ (alright, this topic might be a lure to bring back Senator here with us)¬†ūüėĄ¬†

Still want a Sound Devices 71616 or 72424. Still no hope of ever seeing one. 

Lectro Duet transmitter with single Tx radio, 2 channel capability, no Dante, but AES input as well as analog.  small form factor or even slot mount (just reverse input vice outputs on 25-pin).  A slightly cheaper 1-channel Duet receiver would be welcome.  $1000'ish for an IEM receiver of that quality is great.  $750'ish for a single channel version without LCD and only volume control knob would make it variable for IFB for me.  SSM nailed it - no need for further improve on their transmitters IMO with dual AA units available for longevity, but find that the 5'ish hour runtime I'm getting now is just fine for most jobs.

Zaxcom needs a dual transmitter capable slot mount wide band receiver.  OR an all in-one 6 channel or 8 channel receiver - ditch the whole modular concept because it seems too expensive, big, and heavy.  Plus integrated Zaxnet transmitter for non-Zaxcom recorders OR make a recorder I'd be willing to use. The current MAXX, Nomad, Deva are just not my cup of tea.  Rugged ERX or Zaxnet over UHF system would be welcome too.

MKH8030 please (could be an in-line screw in capsule / XLR5 module that fits an additional MKH80XX capsule in front)

Aaton release V3 firmware for X2 (I know I'm dreaming here).  A nearly perfect machine, but have a few small requests - like a modern remote solution.  X3 and X3 mini look great, but just not a machine for my market.  An "X0" little micro Cantar would be cool - not the spaceship LCD but something a little bit more related to the X2 "Casio watch" LCD technology with a modest IO complement but bulletproof operations.  I'm thinking along the lines of 2 mic/line amps, 4 line in, 6 AES in, 2 line out, 2 tape out, 2 AES out.

13 hours ago, JonG said:

Still want a Sound Devices 71616 or 72424. Still no hope of ever seeing one. 

Just wait till NAB this year

SL6 integrated with an updated 633 and a wearable remote control surface (like a deva 24).

Bring back 'Cascading' recorders (single start and shared metadata). 

New Nagra mutlitrack :)

A10 miniTX :  I agree with that ! getting fed up of the ''blocks freqs waltz'' and seriously thinking about gradually pushing my beloved (single blocks) gear aside and make place for a full range kit.  Audio Limited would be my first choice and bringing this MiniTX back would probably make me budge… but on the other hand I'm also sick of investing in gear over and over… juggling between expensive blocks changes and simply going with new stuff...

As an example, instead of ''upgrading'' for another recorder,  I'd like a standalone alternative to Sound Device's CLwifi to be able to operate my 788. As we're speaking now, only Ambient offers it via thie Master Lockit unit + app (and they did a pretty good *time proof* move at that)  but it's another $1300 to shell out since you're buying the whole network system hub then; I'd just like the 788 controls for something like $350. I know it's an ''old machine'', but it's still a very good one ! 

More reliability. THAT, and stopping about this nonsense of releasing ''unfinished'' products on the market. But to the defense of the major brands I'm using now for my work: all of them offer a very good service when stuck with an issue  :)