Studio Sound Magazines

Lyno

Hi,

I am completely new to this board so apologies for any errors in etiquette or posting in the wrong place.

I have a complete collection of Studio Sound magazines from 1976-2001 (when it was discontinued) in brilliant condition.

I am wondering if anyone can advise me a good place to find those who may be interested in these magazines. I recognise this forum may be a good place to start.

For example, is there any good websites to buy or sell these magazines, or websites for collectors of music and sound magazines such as these?

The collection is impressive and takes up a lot of space. The condition is brilliant also. One thought would be to see if anyone at the APRS knows someone interested perhaps in archiving these or similar.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. I'm keen to see how much interest still exists in these magazines.

• 4 weeks later...

I love reading vintage industry magazines.  It appears the most of the entire run of Studio Sound is available online at https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Studio-Sound.htm  Ebay would give you the widest audience. I once sold a complete set of very obscure Russian chess magazines on ebay. USA post has a "library rate" which makes the price of shipping within the US very low for printed matter (or any media). Does the UK have a similar postal rate?

On 3/11/2019 at 6:51 AM, pverrando said:

I love reading vintage industry magazines.  It appears the most of the entire run of Studio Sound is available online at https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Studio-Sound.htm 

That was fascinating browsing them! For instance here is a review of the first ever Zaxcom Deva:

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Studio-Sound/90s/Studio-Sound-1997-09.pdf

I used to read Studio Sound, every issue, and it was wonderful to read through the issue you had linked here  ---  jam packed with all sorts of digital gear it truly was the beginning of the digital age. I had completely forgotten that the original Deva I was reviewed, I think maybe I was too preoccupied with my efforts to use the Deva in production. The whole idea of a portable file-based recorder for production sound was one of the most significant technological change that was really initiated by production sounds mixers. Most every other major change had always been dictated by post-production. Location file-based recording was really being pushed by only a small handful of production sound mixers.

Deva I.jpg