VOG mic with Volume knob/ mute switch.

lyrnxG

Is anyone aware of a product similar to the Lectrosonics Mute Switch, but with a rotary gain control before the transmitter?  The problem I am trying to solve is a 1rst AD wants a lav voice of god with mute switch and her own (easy to adjust) gain control.  Neither of the lectro digital or older rotary dial gain controls will be user friendly enough for quick commands through the mic.  I do understand gain structure goes out the window, but sonic quality is not important.  The speaker would be cranked, and she could dial in her own volume as she sees fit in the moment of time.  Please share your thoughts.   Thank you.

My first thought is never give the AD control of the VOG level.  It will go nowhere but up so you might as well put the on-set speaker gain to 11 to begin with.  When I needed VOG in the past, I would merely set up a spare channel of Lectro and plug a plug-on transmitter on to a Shure 514B push-to-talk hand mic.  Clipped it onto a neck lanyard and they would just put the transmitter in their pocket and hang the mic around their neck.  Worked great.

1 hour ago, Vincent R. said:

Maybe this, don't know if it is designed for mic signals though with let's say Bias power, although attenuation is nothing fancy;

http://www.sescom.com/product.asp?item=SES-MULTI-PAD

Hmmm thanks for the suggestion, but more granular control would be ideal.  I might have to do a DIY all in one mini box to achieve the specs.

1 minute ago, tourtelot said:

My first thought is never give the AD control of the VOG level.

I would normally agree, but so far she has requested nothing but lower volume from what we thought would be appropriate for the locations