633 X1 output problem *SOLVED

thenannymoh

**SOLVED**  ...another user had experienced the same thing...see posts below for the fix

Having a problem with my 633. X1 output is no longer outputting any signal from any input, but it is outputting tone from the tone switch. Some facts about troubleshooting so far:
- I have been using firmware v4.51 for a long time, never had this problem. Recently updated to v4.60, and the problem didn't start immediately, but suddenly the other day. I have reverted to 4.51, reinstalled 4.6, reloaded saved settings etc, but the problem persisted.
- problem persisted no matter if I route from L/R or from specific channels
- toggling the auto mute (while in 4.6) does not restore a signal
- to reiterate, the tone does work in X1 (testing on a G3)

- switching mic/line/-10 output levels has no effect
- no AES is selected
- have changed CF/SD cards (only using approved cards, same ones I've used before with no problem)
- all other outputs work as they should (x2, LR, x3/4)

Anyone experience anything like this? Anything obvious I'm missing?

Thanks!

Sorry long shot not sure if this is helpful. but when i up'ed to 4.6 i reset presets from scratch per someones recommendation in another topic. I did not reload previous settings created in previous fw versions if that makes sense. perhaps i am misreading and you may have done the same but just throwing it out there

10 minutes ago, thenannymoh said:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Solution found (via a dude on FB):  "Make sure that the level is up. Use left rotary knob to go to X1 and press then turn it to the level you require. This started happening to me in the last update with the Auto-Mute."

Great news sounds like this might help if x3 x4 get stuck