DAD3056 or DAD6021 DPA Microdot Adapters

Alex Weinberg

What is the difference between the DAD3056 and DAD6021? Is there any gain difference between the two? Also is there compatibility issues with either one with using the really old units that require the universal wiring? I have a SMWB that I use 60 percent of the time and have a COS11D on it with universal wiring and it has the perfect. For DPA is the DAD3056 or DAD6021 most similar to a COS11D with universal wiring?

Thanks, Alex

6 hours ago, Alex Weinberg said:

What is the difference between the DAD3056 and DAD6021? Is there any gain difference between the two? Also is there compatibility issues with either one with using the really old units that require the universal wiring? I have a SMWB that I use 60 percent of the time and have a COS11D on it with universal wiring and it has the perfect. For DPA is the DAD3056 or DAD6021 most similar to a COS11D with universal wiring?

Thanks, Alex

Hi Alex,

The DAD6021 is for the older non-servo transmitters such as UM400, UM200, etc. The DAD3056 is for servo input units such the SM series, LM, etc., that have the newer inputs. The DAD3056 is also usable with older non-servo transmitters but the gain is lower than with the DAD6021. The DAD6021 is not usable with servo input transmitters as the gain is very high and easily overloaded.

If you are ever unsure about a given transmitter series as to it being servo or non-servo, all product manuals are on the Lectro website under current or legacy menus.

As far as comparing the wiring of the COS-11 to the DPA mics, the electronics in the two brands are so different, it would be like comparing grapes to watermelons.

In short, your only choice is the DAD3056.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher