Sync a 788t to a mix pre 6

ek4

Hi,

i‘m looking For a way to sync the Tc of a mix pre 6 to a 788t, or the other way around. (or if there’s another way but tc I would be interested to).

i guess I need a tc generator that will feed both... right? Or can the 788 give out its internal tc and I can feed it into the mix pre 6?

which solutions are out there?

all I want is to have these both units in perfect sync to each other later in the post. (No picture in the workflow! Just the 2 machines.)

788 and mixpre are right beside each other.. so no Wireless really needed...

thanks!

Do you want to record long takes - concert or something like that?

mix pre is only able to tc sync, means timestamp at the beginning of the take, no sample sync posible, so after certain time (longer takes) the takes will drift.

simple tc sync is no problem, you will loose 2 inputs of the mixpre - connect the tc out of the 788t with the aux in of the mix pre and you are done, no need for external syncbox 

Thanks for the infos!

luckily it’s for short takes.

But even than, I guess, the accuracy is not very high with just tc, (just Frame accurate, but not sample...) so they might be several samples off I guess, right?

1 hour ago, ek4 said:

Thanks for the infos!

luckily it’s for short takes.

But even than, I guess, the accuracy is not very high with just tc, (just Frame accurate, but not sample...) so they might be several samples off I guess, right?

Frame accurate, yes, and only at the start of the file. Everything after that depends on the recorder’s clocks. 

For truly accurate sync you need recorders with word clock capabilities. 

-Mike