MixPre 3 Hard Case

conleec

A few weeks ago I was in the market for a bag for my MixPre 3 recorder, and I ultimately decided upon the K-Tek Mix Pro bag as it was a perfect fit and it still had room to accommodate a USB-C battery brick as well.

Next I needed some sort of hard case to store my gear when not in use, and I just wanted to share a few pics of my new Condition 1 hard case. I don't work for them, and have no financial interest whatsoever with them, but I am pretty impressed by the quality of this US made case. It's even more impressive when you realize it's only $80. This is the 20 inch "large" case, and I was able to configure it for:

Rycote Mic Handle

MixPre 3 w/USB-C Battery

Rycote Softy

Mini Pelican SD Card Case

USB SD Card Reader

Audio Technica BP4025 Stereo Mic w/Wind Muff

Sennheiser MKH 8060 Shotgun Mic

Sennheiser HD25 Headphones

And the requisite mic cables

Not bad for $80. 

Just thought I'd share, in case anybody was looking for something similar.

20190302_235218.jpg

20190302_235201.jpg

20190302_235226.jpg

20190302_235248.jpg

I started out using the pick-n-pluck foam in my cases, but learned very quickly that it isn't adaptable. All of my cases now are empty and get packed with small soft cases full of different assortments of gear depending on the job. My sound bag stays built in its normal configuration and is either packed into a case or is carried separately depending on the other build outs and travel needs.