2019 • R.A.M.P.S./JWSOUND Party • NAB • 2019

Jeff Wexler

I have RSVP'd but still working out the details on being able to attend. I will make sure to confirm if I do not. Trying to get the possibility of doing an overnight stay 9-10. Short trip but I really want to attend. I enjoyed myself so much with all of the sound brethren in 2017. 

On 3/15/2019 at 10:06 PM, Jeff Wexler said:

Hope you can make it  ---  I know it's a big trip for a lot of people (and Las Vegas is expensive).

Well, I just got the final word from the wife. I can't make it out. She wants me to spend our money on a trip with the kids. We haven't done one in about 2 years so unfortunately, I can't make it. I also wanted to let you know so you don't have an extra RSVP waiting in the wings unless something changes between now and then. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 6:14 PM, aginzo said:

Well, I just got the final word from the wife. I can't make it out. She wants me to spend our money on a trip with the kids. We haven't done one in about 2 years so unfortunately, I can't make it. I also wanted to let you know so you don't have an extra RSVP waiting in the wings unless something changes between now and then. 

As worthwhile as our sound community is, your kids are more important!  Make it a point to enjoy the time together thoroughly -- I feel confident they will. 

47 minutes ago, John Blankenship said:

As worthwhile as our sound community is, your kids are more important!  Make it a point to enjoy the time together thoroughly -- I feel confident they will. 

Oh of course. It wasn't ever an issue for me. My little guy has a 6 year birthday and we're driving to Legoland. Woo hoo!!! Beat that NAB!!!!

Hey Jeff, I know I'm late to the boat on this one but are the RSVP's still open?  I thought I was going to be on a show next week but it looks like it's going to be pushed back.  I've never been able to attend NAB and have always wanted to go so this might be the year finally. 

Also for you folks that have been before / go every year, do you usually go out there say Tuesday/Wednesday for one night of staying over or do you recommend staying over more like Monday-Wednesday?  I have a home to stay at there so I'm more wondering about if it's something that needs several days to absorb in or not!

Go ahead and RSVP if you can, if not, we'll still be able to sign you up on the day. We're closing up RSVPs this Friday.

As for the question of how many days people generally attend, in the words of our dear friend: "it depends". For many, it is hard to get away for more than a day or possibly two. My routine has always been to drive to Las Vegas early Monday morning, spend time at the exhibits, stay over Monday night and then Tuesday do more show and the r.a.m.p.s/party, then travel back to LA on Wednesday morning.

4 hours ago, codyman said:

Also for you folks that have been before / go every year, do you usually go out there say Tuesday/Wednesday for one night of staying over or do you recommend staying over more like Monday-Wednesday?  I have a home to stay at there so I'm more wondering about if it's something that needs several days to absorb in or not!

If you're into gear, especially if your interests extend beyond audio, you could spend every minute possible there and not cover everything.  That's counterbalanced by what your saturation level is.

Since you're a first-timer, I'd recommend the aforementioned Mon-Wed stint.  You can go to nabshow.com and come up with a "hit list" that will help you allocate your time more efficiently.

Thank you, David Bondelevitch for posting the pictures from our party! I hope everyone had a great time  ---- except for missing Eric Toline (founding father of the r.a.m.p.s. party 29 years ago)  I think it was the best party we've ever had.  I am so grateful for all the help I had in organizing the party this year, Rado Stefanov and Chris Howland really took charge and made everything work so well. Thanks as well to all our volunteers (I'm not sure of all the names) and to Nicole at Gordon Biersch. Of course this year we had official sponsorship from 10 companies  ---  thank you to Lectrosonics (UN-officially sponsoring for so many years, thank you Larry Fisher), to Zaxcom, K-Tek, Sound Devices, DPA, Cinela, Rycote, Orca, Sound Guys Solutions and our newest company, Viviana. Most all of these companies have played significant roles in my career and the party was a chance to celebrate our sound community and all the great companies that support our work in sound.

I would love to hear from our JWSOUND members any constructive ideas for next year  ----  I think we did get so many things right this year but I want to make sure next year is even better! If you have any comments or suggestions it would be best to Message me or email to:   jw@jwsoundgroup.net

• 9 months later...
On 4/13/2019 at 9:59 PM, Bondelev said:

Photos can be seen here on Facebook. The photos are public. 

https://www.facebook.com/Bondelev/media_set?set=a.10106941609495755&type=3 

Hi David,

Are you going to attend this year? Also I can not find the pictures from 2019.

Edited by RadoStefanov

Rado, I seem to remember David B. saying he would not be able to attend NAB this year. Things may have changed, I will ask him if IU get the chance. Not sure if David checks in here on JWSOUND or not. As for the pictures, I'm pretty sure I have them archived somewhere  ---  I will look around.

• 1 month later...