Cinela Cosi for 8060, high-pass filter quandry

thenannymoh

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, cineli said:

And now the new COSI version:

COSI-XL-8060: For 8060+MZF, without XLR module.  XL size (total size 24cm). Special Sennheiser connector and XLR3M out.

If anyone has a line of communication with Cinela, what might be smart is to sell this with a cable that is the special sennheiser 19mm thread on connector on both the mic side and exit side, that way a filter module and / or XLR module could be used outside of the rig.

20 hours ago, Matthias Richter said:

Pics? What do you mean wout XLR module?

Here is the picture of the 8060, without XLR module, directly screwed on the special COSI adapter (MZL connector inside). This precise assembling fits the precise reference COSI-L-8060 ("Long" cage)

If you insert the MZF filter, you need the XL cage. Precise reference: COSI-XL-8060.

If you prefer to use the XLR module, without MZF, then you need the COSI-XL-19 (standard XL COSI with 19mm holder).

Sorry, it's not possible to have 8060+MZF+XLR module...in COSI !

COSI-L-8060-C.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

the cosi product seem really nice. as always with cinela 

And that's really interesting to know that sennheiser can send modified modules to suit our needs... So they are listening to the customers...

... Knowing that fact, could we push sennheiser to finaly make that 8030 capsule that I personally dream of since many years ? And I know I'm not the only one around here)

By the way, No mid side options planned for the future of cosi products ? would be great.

• 4 years later...

as long as you use an analog high pass filter before DA conversion everything is fine. Nothing to worry with your hs-p82. I am not sure, if e.g. the HP filters of the Sound Devices 8 series are still analog, but even if they are not, thats not an issue.