Nomad Play to Outputs

DX Dave

The Nomad plays track 1 to output 1, track 2 to output 2, etc.  So half your tracks can't be played outside of the headphones at all.

I have complained about this in the past (and spoken to Zaxcom directly about it) cause I find it infuriating and completely unusable, and there are times I would really like to use the feature.  I still have not been able to come up with a situation where this routing would ever make sense.

4 hours ago, Wandering Ear said:

The Nomad plays track 1 to output 1, track 2 to output 2, etc.  So half your tracks can't be played outside of the headphones at all.

I have complained about this in the past (and spoken to Zaxcom directly about it) cause I find it infuriating and completely unusable, and there are times I would really like to use the feature.  I still have not been able to come up with a situation where this routing would ever make sense.

Wandering, I don't understand what you mean. I can send track 2 to out 1. I'm too tired to go dig the mixer out, but, are you saying you can only send certain tracks to certain outputs? Maybe I'm just tired, but that is not making sense to me right this minute.

Thank you, Martin

12 hours ago, MartinTheMixer said:

Wandering, I don't understand what you mean. I can send track 2 to out 1. I'm too tired to go dig the mixer out, but, are you saying you can only send certain tracks to certain outputs? Maybe I'm just tired, but that is not making sense to me right this minute.

Thank you, Martin

Only during playback the routing is fixed and the routing you have chosen in the BUS menu does not apply.

12 hours ago, mikerobertson said:

I use the tape out for playback - you can assign any card tracks you want on it. it should be in the first BUS menu.

I don't currently use my tape or mono outputs, but this could be a decent work around.  I would still like to be able to play back to my regular outputs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 11:01 AM, Wandering Ear said:

Cool, so tape out is an option. Just out of interest did zaxcom say they would make a change?

Dave