Soundfield SPS200 problems

Stephenvit

I posted this on another forum but didn't get any reply. I've read comments from some here who have used an SPS200. I'm wondering if anyone has had any similar issues.

I purchased an SPS200 last summer. With my first recordings, I  found digital spikes in each track (random intervals every few minutes). I was using a Mix Pre 6. I tried again indoors with a different setup (Allen and Heath board to DAW, no Mix Pre), same problem. I sent the mic back to Rode, the said they couldn't reproduce the problem but since the mic was under warranty they sent me a new one. I just took it out into the field (Mix Pre again) and found the same issues. 

Thanks for any input. 

2 hours ago, ramallo said:

I have two (2011 units) and I don't have any problem. But sometimes with high humidity I can had a "bump"

I wondered if it was humidity. I'm in Virginia where humidity tends to be the norm. 

Also to KGraham045 and Mobilemike, thanks for the Core Sound suggestion. I've sent an inquiry to Core about that as well