Rycote INV-7 MKIII + CMIT 5U Handling Noise?

truelife

I've been using the INV-7 on a 12' Cabled Ktek w/ CMIT-5U and feel like I can hear every movement on the boom.

Is this a bad combo?

Have other folks experienced this?

Is there something I'm missing about putting this mic in this mount or is there an alternative mount folks prefer?

I believe the 7HG-MkIII has the lyres connected with a rigid piece between them, so no way to adjust the spread, but they are at a slight angle, as is.

That said, with a softie on, I feel it's a good shock mount. I have used it with CS3E and 416 - even a MKH50 w/ Super Softie, but this indeed requires a bit more careful handling.

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 9.13.11 AM.png

2 hours ago, Trey LaCroix said:

Have you checked other mics/mounts to rule out the boom pole as the culprit? I’ve boomed with that same set up extensively and found it to be pretty quiet.

do you have the high pass on? Without it the CMIT can be pretty sensitive.

I just tested with the old PSC rubber band mount and found that one to be a bit less sensitive to handling...I should add that I don't have the hi pass on but will try now...

Here's a photo of the setup. Excuse the wonky connection from boom to mic (long story). Anyway, it would seem possible that since I've had this boom forever that the cable may be causing more noise than normal.

I should also add that I'm using a Sound Guys Solutions QR between Rycote and boom but can't imagine that introduces anything extra...

IMG_2188.jpeg