DPA 6060

Sound Intuition

Is anyone finding that the caps on the 6060's come off a little to easily. I don't notice it as much on the beige ones but particularly on the black ones. I'm not sure if it is something to do with the exact tolerances on the cap machining and the thickness of the paint on the black ones or if it is just a batch problem. If it is a batch problem then the serial # would be an easy way of tracking. At these prices maybe an extra set of caps can be sent to the current owners until a recall can be performed. Bo Brink maybe you could way in on this.

Bill

2 minutes ago, Derek H said:

Good grief the thing is brand new and the cap is coming off? Is it supposed to just slide on like the 4060 series? 

It snaps on. I have to be really careful with mine. Especially when it’s in an overcover or somesthing. Pops right out. Last I checked you couldn’t even order replacement caps yet.

4 hours ago, Dave Pullmer said:

Thats too bad. I thought they were going to address this issue with the 6060s snap on but sounds like it hasnt made a difference..

It’s a different problem. The 406x cap has a problem with concealers and rm-11 type mounts and seems to do okay with adhesive. The 606x seems to be the opposite.

13 hours ago, Sound Intuition said:

Interesting because all mine start with H128. Would that not indicate that mine are from a later batch? So does that mean it is a batch problem?

Serial numbers are not necessarily related to production order. SD for example have this system with a mixture of dates and other info. Who knows how DPA create their serial numbers. That being said I have bought a 6060 a few days ago the serial of which starts with 226...

2 hours ago, Sound Intuition said:

I wasn't sure if DPA did the serial numbering in sequencial order or not. With yours starting at 226 are you experiencing any cap issues? As mentioned they are covered under warranty.

So far the cap sits on tight. But I‘ve only had since Thursday