daniel

scorpio!

On 4/11/2019 at 11:49 AM, Mark LeBlanc said:

More questions

1. Probably should be a poll for requested Midi controller people wish to be supported

2. What’s the Input to Output Latency of the system with an analog signal

3. On which device do you map controls from Surface to Scorpio? At release, what will the default mappings be?

4. When Banking, is there a way to bank only say the Last 2 faders? That way I can map low word count actors together 

5. Please map the Beep for rolling and 2 beep out the comm outs. 

6. If there’s an issue with function on the control surface. Who should the first call goto? 

7. I love moving app to Android, cheaper tablets and OS that doesn’t change behind the scenes as much as IOS but

8. Can you have a setting to see Maybe 12 channels instead of banking and or If you bank on the Control Surface will the Software follow?

Sure there will be more 

ML

1. Literally any control surface supporting MCU will “work.” How well, to what extent, and how flexibly, is anyone’s guess until release. 

2. Good question I’m curious too. 

3. Presumably on the Scorpio itself, though I for one would hope for the ability to have “profiles” for certain control surfaces, editable on a real computer app and then loadable onto the Scorpio itself. 

4. Just like with any other DAW control surface, with MCU you can move one channel at a time or a whole bank (usually 8 channels) at a time, up or down the list. I would expect that behavior to be the same here. The Icon surface supported out of the gate is definitely capable of this. 

5. YES!!

6. For the time being SD seems to directly support using the Icon Platform m+ with the Scorpio, seems as though they will be directly supporting it themselves. Maybe not, but that’s my take from what they’ve said. I believe the thinking is that this list will grow over time. 

7. Thankfully Android only is purely a release thing, they have said iOS support is coming too. 

Would be interesting if its comfortable to write a sound report inside the device. With the 788t it was practically very bad so i chose the ambient solution via beetle, but it lacked very much with reconnection speed of ipad and keyboard as well as the option of just writing comments to the previous take.

4 hours ago, RudiBrueller said:

Would be interesting if its comfortable to write a sound report inside the device. With the 788t it was practically very bad so i chose the ambient solution via beetle, but it lacked very much with reconnection speed of ipad and keyboard as well as the option of just writing comments to the previous take.

I’m sure it will have a sound report feature with the new included app.  I’m assuming it will be along the lines of wingman which which works great once you got a workflow down for using it for delivery.