Ambient announces the all new Lockit

Klaus

''The primary output carries timecode and genlock/wordclock. This gives you the freedom to choose running it either on straight, Y-split cable or 2 separate leads using the second connector for timecode which also connects to devices that support ACN for metadata transfer. ''

Mmmm, I'm not sure I'm totally following; does it mean that it can control, say, a 788 via ACN using the app ?

• 2 weeks later...

No, but we do support C-Link ;) Still, there is no app to control sound devices recorder but a interface running on the webserver of  MasterLockit - the Lockit does not have this webserver nor WiFi or Bluetooth, so it's not feasible. And whatever we do in the future will consider Scorpio support as well which is beyond the capabilities of that tiny box.

with the new Lockit or Nano-Lockit, is there a workflow that allows a Lockit to be continuously jammed from an external timecode source and then in turn wirelessly keep other Lockits in synch?  In the quick start guide for the Nano, method "2B" specifies synching from an external source.  I was wondering if it just one time jams from that source or will the unit continuously jam from that source as long as connected

On 4/17/2019 at 9:23 PM, Tom Visser said:

is there a workflow that allows a Lockit to be continuously jammed from an external timecode source and then in turn wirelessly keep other Lockits in synch? 

Not exactly. The system is designed as reference as accurate as possible and as such it does notfollow the "clock" of an external source even more so of unknown accuracy 8actually we only can pull so far from absolute reference. TRX mode is rather a  single jam after which the system runs on it's own reference whcih may lead to abberation to the ajmming source depending on its absolute accuracy - witht hat being said, in the intended applications (playback/ remote roll on short takes) this is not an issue. What would be your application?

20 hours ago, Klaus said:

Not exactly. The system is designed as reference as accurate as possible and as such it does notfollow the "clock" of an external source even more so of unknown accuracy 8actually we only can pull so far from absolute reference. TRX mode is rather a  single jam after which the system runs on it's own reference whcih may lead to abberation to the ajmming source depending on its absolute accuracy - witht hat being said, in the intended applications (playback/ remote roll on short takes) this is not an issue. What would be your application?

Its more just habit and past experience more than anything.  I suppose I could change my recorder over to external clock reference.  The source is the Cantar X2 which I've done drift tests in the past with up to 3 ACD-301 slates and it seemed to hold synch for at least 16 hours or so or the life of my batteries.

On 4/24/2019 at 7:32 PM, Tom Visser said:

The source is the Cantar X2 which [...] seemed to hold synch for at least 16 hours or so or the life of my batteries.

That mirrors our experience witht eh Cantar - basically you're completely fine with jamming one Nano/Lockit once a day, press the green button to jam the others, and do not worry the rest of the day. If you want it all comfortable and absolute confidence, just leave the new Lockit permantently connected to your Cantar, once jamed via cable and set to master it will not only automatically c-jam all other ACN devices but constantly report the abberation (if any) to the source it was jammed from. This should be the closest to your initial request.