26 minutes ago, osa said:

Aes ins and outs is something i haven't engaged with personally until i get this nova. Am i understanding correctly that the aes i/o port on the side is in addition to the qrx212 slots for the 12 ch record capabilities and not an either/or input type thing? i watched the gotham vid with Glenn as well as read the literature available and neither seemed to clearly state this for sure. I.e. i was looking to add 2x qrx200's digitally along with the qrx212's to have 8 trx's total if this is all possible

Unlike the Nomad, there's no "input configuration" to be done in the Nova. All the inputs (whether it be RX, AES or analog inputs) will be always available for assignment to mixing buses and card tracks. You can use any and all combinations of inputs at the same time. Your example of 2x QRX212 plus 2x QRX200 would definitely be possible and is very much the intended function of providing additional AES inputs and RF loop outs on the Nova.

Glenn in the Gotham video mentioned the option of using sd card adapters in the cf slots - is this something nomad users do as well or is it recommended to stick with approved cf cards 

There posts about it the Zaxcom forums. 

I’ve never used Zaxcom but many other CF card speced hardware. And there are quite a lot of the thicker Type II adapters but only a few thinner Type I adapters and I’ve tried many of them and some are really unreliable in low temps or does not write fast enough while others are stable and good performers. 

One of the better are the Type I in plastic from Delock. They are rock solid down to -25C during winters as well as high humidity and temps in the 40C. 

Ans they work great for WiFi cards like the FlashAir if that kind of function is needed. 

https://www.delock.com/produkte/S_62637/merkmale.html