Zaxcom URX100

Olle Sjostrom

There are different TRRS wirings in use:

trrs-diagram4.jpg

The URX uses the OMTP wiring scheme rather than the CTIA version that Apple uses.  Note that a TRS plug that standard headphones use will work in either due to the longer sleeve that contacts ground in both cases.

More info and credit for the above illustration:  https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

14 hours ago, JWL said:

Thanks Jason, that did the trick.

boy, stay away from the trRs headphones with these!

What pouches are people using for these? Im in reality TV and need a protective pouch that still lets the producers change channels regularly.  ie. a pouch with a transparent window.

I use a clip made by sound guys solutions.

• 6 months later...

Same for me with using the Orca Pouch for my URX100, but I will likely get one of the Sound Guys clips as well.

I've been using my URX as a Director/Producer feed from my Camera Link. Perfect when the Director is mobile so they can have solid confidence monitoring wherever they happen to be.

I use my RX200 as either a Cam Hop or a Video Village headphone feed, of which I'll probably get another for the situations where I need both or a dual cam shoot, but my ERX's have been good at covering most of my Camera Hop needs when I'm relatively near to set. I have Comtek's and ERX's for the remaining people that need them - Comtek's for distance and ERX's for people nearby.

Going to be getting another URX as a Boom Op feed so they can select whether they are listening to Boom only on one frequency or my mix from my Camera Link on another and have a Private Line to each other via personal Walkies. It means having a Walkie and the URX on the boom person's belt, but it also means no cabling and a talk back system that is reliable and not too pricey. 

Sending Boom via a ZMT3-Phantom 2 and will likely get a TRX743 or another ZMT3 depending - I do like this as a solid Boom Op system...still need to decide how I'm going to use my secondary Zaxnet transmitter via my QRX235 though - possibly a mix plus personal talk back feed to AD or something like that. Any thoughts on this system are of course welcome!