Shure Twinplex lavs

Shastapete

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/twinplex/twinplex-tl46-subminiature-lavalier-microphone

"Natural audio at high or low frequency, the innovative dual-diaphragm captures the complete weight of your voice. And the capsule design maximizes effective surface area in an easy-to-conceal package. So sound suits performer, not the other way around.

No more “sweat-outs.” The superhydrophobic coating keeps perspiration from upstaging the sound. And the medical-grade cable technology flexes to fit the costume design and the demanding schedule. So your lavalier rises to the challenge, night after night.

The TL46 offers unmatched signal-to-noise, superior natural sound quality, and a high sensitivity output."

I saw them at NAB this year. I believe it’s a similar tech to the newer Sony ECM90 lav. The design is supposed to reduce cable noise. It definitely does that but the ECM90 does it better. You can tap the cable just below the capsule on an ECM90 and not hear it. Very impressive tech. I heard the mic through an Axient wireless system and then sent back out through a Shure IEM System. They sound pretty good. I’d have to have them up next another mic for comparison. Great for head turns as long as it’s center mounted. Id like to hear it up against our usual lavs we use. 

There are several different models based on cable thickness and capsule sizing.

23 minutes ago, joepfeil said:

I was given one half a year ago, I’ll post some A/B comparison with the COS11

Was yours a pre production model? These were just released at NAB this year.