UCR 195D with newer transmitters

Bluelobster

Am pretty sure you could, but you'd need to set the SM TX to 100 mode compatibility. 

Not a setup I'd recommend, unless you're in a real pinch! At the very least buy a Lectro 200 series RX (which are dirt cheap on ebay!), so that you get diversity receivers and frequency agility. 

2 hours ago, Bluelobster said:

I have a couple UCR 195D receivers tuned to 592.350MHz and 605.125MHz respectively. Would I be able to tune a block 23 SM transmitter to exactly these frequencies? Anyone else have experience using these receivers with newer transmitters? Thanks!

The 195 series gear is fully compatible with 200 series equipment and 400 series equipment when running in the 200 mode. The 195 gear was all analog FM, 75 kHz deviation, no pre-emphasis with a dual band compander. If the pilot tone crystals are defective in the 195 (A weak point), then run in the bypass mode on the receivers.

The 100 mode is 25 kHz deviation, with significant pre-emphasis and is not compatible with the 195 series.

If the frequency is clear, these are good radios with much tighter RF filtering than any current products, ours or others. The audio is equivalent to the 200 or 400 series.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher