1. Sound Devices 702T Flashcard Recorder Serial #GR0006077005

2. Sound Devices 722 2 track Recorder - Serial #470405208000

3. Sound Devices 442 Mixer - Serial #030806044008

There is a very good chance they will be sold on the internet to real sound

pros like yourselves.  Please let me know if you get wind of any of these,

so I can arrest the crooks!

John Coffey CAS

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the kind words RVD. you are right that John has done so much for the audio community, at his own expense, so incidents like this are all the more frustrating. we know justice will be served eventually. in the meantime, realize these crooks have also visited many other sound & camera shops around town, so keep an eye out.

The guys at Location Sound told me yesterday at the Cinegear Expo that they had a few microphones and peripherals stolen that same day. My first thought was that Tony Soprano's gang was going into production on their new film, "Zombie Godfather" (mentioned in several episodes of THE SOPRANOS), but you gotta wonder why and how the thieves would go out and grab specific gear. Scary.

Coffey has posted photos of the guys up on his website, and I sure hope they catch the bastids.  I briefly worked for a video rental house in the late 1970s, and I vividly remember what a drag it was whenever our gear wasn't returned from a shoot on Monday morning. 

--Marc W.

I don't remember all the details but,

A year or so ago a video deck was stolen from a convention here (NAB or something similar) and never found.

Shortly thereafter, Langley Productions was in town shooting COPS.

They rolled up on a residence in response to what might have been a domestic call.

They were inside the house and the local ENG mixer spotted what he thought looked like a very out of place component inside.

He mentioned something to one of the officers, they ran the serial, arrested the guy and the deck was returned.

Karma is a bitch.  :)

Hopefully John and the LSC folk get their stuff back.

I don't remember all the details but,

A year or so ago a video deck was stolen from a convention here (NAB or something similar) and never found.

Shortly thereafter, Langley Productions was in town shooting COPS.

They rolled up on a residence in response to what might have been a domestic call.

They were inside the house and the local ENG mixer spotted what he thought looked like a very out of place component inside.

He mentioned something to one of the officers, they ran the serial, arrested the guy and the deck was returned.

Karma is a bitch.  :)

Hopefully John and the LSC folk get their stuff back.

That's Classic! Love it!

My first thought was that Tony Soprano's gang was going into production on their new film, "Zombie Godfather" (mentioned in several episodes of THE SOPRANOS)

FWIW, If it was from last season, the new movie script Christpher is working on is called "Cleaver"