jawharp

Lectrosonics SMWB Firmware Question

Hey Guys,

Just starting to research the new SMWB transmitters and I'm wondering if I'm missing something in regards to the software on the transmitter itself and updating.  

Is what is available at this link:

https://www.lectrosonics.com/Support/category/98-smwb-smdwb.html

the software running on the transmitter (the OS) or is this something more low level than that?  If so, are OS updates available to do yourself or do you have to send them in?

Thanks

Yes, the firmware at the link is low level, but these transmitters don't have an OS in the traditional sense of the word, just the firmware.  The firmware can be updated in the field. Instructions are in the user manual.

Incidentally, be VERY careful not to use a firmware with an 'E' at the end of it. Their firmware update instructions are confusing, to say the least, and those versions available on their site with the E are for European models not sold in the USA, and will brick your transmitter. I just found this out the hard way, and had to send mine in to get flashed in Rio Rancho. In fact, version 1.52 is current, and is not available on the site. You can get them to email it to you, if you're the owner of a transmitter with a serial number in the right series.

I contacted Lectrosonic about mine and updating ... I have the earliest versions... literally #1 off the production line...  I was told, not to update mine, it was not

necessary.

7 hours ago, Eric Darling said:

those versions available on their site with the E are for European models not sold in the USA, and will brick your transmitter

Is this specific to the SMWB transmitters? Because I have been going back and forth at will on my SSMs without any issues