Aladdin

Aladdin

I have a Sony ECM-77B microphone that I use with my camera. But I need two in order to record a speaker and a puppet from the same camera.

Do I have to buy exactly the same mic for the sound to be compatible or can I use something else - in which case what. I have been looking on eBay 

Hello,

some remarks on your question:

1. You should try to give it a proper topic name (Aladdin is rather confusing)

2. If you hae two different voices, you usually can get away with using two different mics

3. If one is a real person and one a puppet character, then it might even be preferable to use different mics to make them sound different (obviously you could also do that in post)

4. If you *really* want the best results (and learn something on the way), you should try this yourself and decide how big the difference is and if you like it or not.

good luck

chris

On 4/26/2019 at 12:20 PM, Aladdin said:

I have a Sony ECM-77B microphone that I use with my camera. But I need two in order to record a speaker and a puppet from the same camera.

Do I have to buy exactly the same mic for the sound to be compatible or can I use something else - in which case what. I have been looking on eBay 

Doesn't have to be the same mic but if you're cutting/mixing between 2 sources a similar background noise or a balanced  atmos/ambient filler track will make things easier for you and audience. ECM77s are cheap and easy to hire btw.