SSM firmware backup?

Johnny Karlsson

I just bought a used SSM. It's on firmware v1.00. Looking on Lectro's website, I can only find the latest firmware version available for download, but it will not work since it's only for the newer version of the transmitter, made after October last year. I am wondering if anyone might have a backup copy of the firmware update version 1.07 that they would be nice enough to share with me?

Thanks in advance.

Call them before you do anything...

Here's how I understood it.. and it may or may not apply to the SSM units..

I did want to update on my SMWB units and was in need of info about that..Mine was the first one made for sale... I wanted to update it to newer firmware..they told me not to..my unit is best to operate on the firmware it came with. Units made much after mine in fact needed updates..it's a bit confusing..and it's not like say SD recorders that want you to update each time a new one comes out..

Again, call first with your serial number and ask..

Thanks, AFMY.

Yeah, I will call them tomorrow.

I know that some things, like the 411s should generally stay on their original firmware because it’s related to their hardware versions.

However, i believe there was some small tweaks/improvements with the updates for SSMs, like for example if the LED lights were set to off, they would stay off after swapping the battery.