Lectro SRb Issue

JonG

Here’s a new one. After scanning and selecting frequencies to use on my SRb, and plugging them into my SMQVs, the SRb appears to register two signals per frequency/channel because the polarity switch seems to be freaking out and the RF level jumps sporadically. When the transmitters are powered down, the SRb seems to retain the RF spikes on those frequencies being used. It also sees frequencies previously used by other devices such as G3’s, even though all transmitters are powered off. A rescan shows the specific spikes, again despite all TX being powered off. If I change frequencies, it merely repeats the pattern at the newly selected frequencies. 

Everything works as it should except that reception is reduced a great deal, so I don’t get much in the way of range. I’ve tried this at several locations with the same results. This just started happening today at the first power up, but I’ve never seen this sort of behavior before. The last time I used this set, it did not happen and I haven’t changed a thing. 

Has anyone run into this problem before? Any helpful solutions? Much thanks!

Presumably you already re-started the receiver? Scan info stays in the memory I believe until you restart the device. Does it also happen in other compat modes? You’re sma connections are all set well and clean? 

Sorry, basically just thinking out loud, I‘ve got no real idea what this could be, but basically double checking everything can’t hurt, including any hardware connections

All normal troubleshooting has been done to no avail. I am seeing less frantic antenna switching but the reception is jumping quite a lot, making anything beyond 10ft really iffy. To make matters worse, I’m working with “those” type of field producers where you aren’t aloud to stop rolling to troubleshoot or even take a seat outside of lunch. So I can’t accomplish much until I get home. 

I even cleaned my tx with Writes Silver Polish, cleaned with 99% alcohol, and re silver-pasted them so it’s definitely not that. 

16 hours ago, JonG said:

Frantic switching is back. This time with clicking. Hope I make it through day three. 

I realise you will want 2 x channels but if during rehearse etc and your hearing switching see what happens if you change diversity to ratio mode and if it goes away?

John,  take the top screws  out remove the board from the housing,  there are two connectors that  connect the two boards together.

Squeeze the boards and make sure that those connectors are seated firmly  that's all you can do on your own.