adicam carts

adicam

Welcome all users of this forum.
I would like to present our company offer.

In adicam we manufacture transport carts, repair video equipment and undertake special orders. Many years of experience and passion for what we do have resulted in a product line focused on solution of all types of difficulties and problems that seem to be an inseparable part of working on a professional film set.

We invite you to familiarize with our offer at www.adicam.pl

Below is a short instructional video with our products.

They do look just like the Inovativ carts. I had to approve the posting even though I was nor familiar with the company (located in Poland I believe) but I had some reservation worrying that it was providing free advertising for a product which may have been ripping someone else off. I finally decided I would let the post be put up and let our members sort out what's going on. Maybe I should take it down?

Inovativ makes nice carts, as we all know. I couple people I work with own them, and we've flown with them a couple times (working for a financial-services corp gig, so money was crazily no object). But you know, I've seen similar suitcase carts being used by field engineers and scientists... I don't know if those were made by Inovativ, but the people wanted something that could fit in a truck or van, roll over uneven ground, and hold & protect expensive equipment. So I think that style are a thing. 

And trying to see if I could find who might make those not-for-film carts, I stumbled on this company doing something similar.

https://yaegerpro.com

So my vote, not that I have one, would be to leave this thread/topic up. We can all judge where we stand on this sort of thing. The fair alternative, I think, becomes deciding which Behringer posts are OK, if you need to georestrict posts about recording TX to regions where Zax's patent doesn't apply (or isn't enforced, or whatever the legal issues are), and otherwise just over police everything. 

2 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

Is Innovativ the only co making case-carts like this?  And are these guys using bespoke (copied) hardware or off-the-shelf stuff (latches, wheels etc) that anyone could buy?

I have a magliner fold up cart which I’m very happy with - once I bought the heavy duty wheels. 

1 hour ago, Jim Feeley said:

Inovativ makes nice carts, as we all know. I couple people I work with own them, and we've flown with them a couple times (working for a financial-services corp gig, so money was crazily no object). But you know, I've seen similar suitcase carts being used by field engineers and scientists... I don't know if those were made by Inovativ, but the people wanted something that could fit in a truck or van, roll over uneven ground, and hold & protect expensive equipment. So I think that style are a thing. 

And trying to see if I could find who might make those not-for-film carts, I stumbled on this company doing something similar.

https://yaegerpro.com

So my vote, not that I have one, would be to leave this thread/topic up. We can all judge where we stand on this sort of thing. The fair alternative, I think, becomes deciding which Behringer posts are OK, if you need to georestrict posts about recording TX to regions where Zax's patent doesn't apply (or isn't enforced, or whatever the legal issues are), and otherwise just over police everything. 

Innovativ's carts are pretty pricey, but shipping one of these to CA (for instance) from Poland would be expensive too, so it might be a wash anyhow.  If you really need a case-cart for your jobs, like fly that much with gear and are opposed to the more pedestrian cart solutions (like Magliner etc) then maybe the price isn't really much of an object.  These carts are cool once you get to the set, but maybe a little too complex in setup to be able to fetch from oversize-baggage and immediately deploy in an airport situation with a big package, or pull out of a cab and immediately roll your stuff to a hotel room etc...

Ya, they're not my thing (other than being clever). But a camera guy who has one is OK travelling with it, especially in a vehicle. He can set his up pretty quickly. Not as fast as Magliner, but fast enough for an airport. He can't pile as much stuff on it for transport, but it works for him. 

2 hours ago, Jim Feeley said:

Hey, Jim, of course you have a vote! I put my concerns out there for a couple of reasons and I welcome comments from everyone. My first concern regards my reluctance to put up basically free advertising for companies and their products, weighing up of course the value to our members of the information. In this particular instance, I was not suggesting any legal/patent type infringement from this company, I don't think Inovativ has patents on the design (but of course I have not researched it sufficiently). My conclusion, now, concurs with yours  ---  leave it up for our members and not dwell too much with my original concerns.

As you all know, I like to moderate with the lightest touch possible and my preference always is to follow the lead and the wishes of our membership regarding things like this.

Thank you for accepting our topic Jeff . To be honest, there are many companies that do similar products to inovativ like tilta / magliner / proaim or yaegerpro. We do not consider ourselves in any way a copy of their products.  And when it comes to shipping to the USA / Canada, it is not that big an expense as you think :)

I just bought one of these Adicam carts and I am very pleased with it. It is very low profile when stashed in the van. they are not light, but they are reassuringly strong and sturdy. I am a happy customer.

Simon B

• 3 months later...