Deva & TC button

RPSharman

Ok... So I was brushing up on the Deva today (sitting in for a friend on the weekend), and noticed one thing that I think is absolutely ridiculous.

When you enter the menu that includes the TC frame rate, all you have to do is graze the button and the TC changes.  It seems really silly that it does not bring up a menu, like the sample rate, giving you a choice of selections.  I was just casually looking through menus and such, and this jumped out at me as being a really easy thing to accidentally change if you are in a hurry looking for something, especially if you are working out of the bag.  And I know it the display shows the frame rate on the main screen, but still, it seems that it should not be that easy to accidentally change.

Robert at Coffey said this has been brought up by him and Jeff W. and others, but I thought Glenn might take notice if even more people brought it up.  It can't be all that hard to change in the next downloadable upgrade, can it?

Robert

Hey Robert, interesting observation. I change frame rates all the time and never thought this as a liability. Your suggestion is valid of course, but I don't see it as much of a problem for the day to day user until I screw it up one day like you describe. Hope your gig goes well.

CrewC

Maybe "ridiculous" was a strong term, but for me to notice it so obviously, being an occasional user, made me think that others would have thought the same.  But I'm sure you are right, Crew, that most of the time you wouldn't go into that menu during the day in the first place, so accidentally getting there AND pressing the TC button is probably unlikely.

Robert

I go to that window in the morning to jam TOD and bits and check the frame rate. I will go to the window to see TC at times cause I don't display TC on my main window until I hit record. Just my way of working. Now that I think of it, frame rate having it's own window is a good idea, but I am sure Glenn n Howie have other things to do.

CrewC