Smartwatches

daniel

Probably about 5 years late to the party but I wondered what recommendations sound folk have for these. My friend's kid has a toy 1 with a recorder, speaker and camera(!) not all the grown up 1s do though. I think I'd like grown-up 1 with a mic but it doesn't need to make calls. Thanks in advance. 

Recently a camera op told me about a weird issue: A presenter holding the wireless mike in the same hand where he was wearing his Apple watch. This produced a strange loud disturbing sound from time to time, some kind like a GSM interference. No one could figure out the cause at first.

We tried to replicate this issue afterwards at home, but without success.

It ocurred at an area with loads of RF in the air (harbour area: many tourists, radar, vessel radio, police ...)

On 5/27/2019 at 3:23 AM, Trey LaCroix said:

I’ve always wanted Wingman implemented into a smart watch somehow. As a way to watch the meter while you’re booming.

A mini screen to see the camera framing would be a nice luxury as well. 

On 5/26/2019 at 8:33 AM, Daniel Ignacio said:

If they were still in business, Pebble (bought by Fitbit) had a great line of smartwatches. Mine is still trucking along after two years and it’s nice to use.

Wow, I just checked out eBay, and I was shocked just how cheap some Pebbles are going for now!