Sign in to follow this  
Andrej H

Gefell M310 and other super-cardioids/cardioids for dialogue AND music recording

11 hours ago, pillepalle said:

@ Werner Althaus

Yes, there might be some old mics that they don't support because they have no spare parts any more, but generally their support is quite good. At least here in germany. 

Greetings

Totally agree, the reason I mentioned this is that some people believe MG has a direct link to their past, like other historic brands due to some deceptive advertising on their part early on, linking their brand to the Neumann legacy.

Just now, pillepalle said:

@ Werner Althaus

I think they are linked to the past, but not in a way that they repair 70 year old mics. You can get some new capsules, or parts for old microphones depending on what you have. In this Video he presents for example a rebuilt of the M7 Capsule that fits on the old tube mics from the 50th:

Greetings

Thanks for that video, my info might be outdated as it goes back to the G-Prime/ Gotham days when they co-owned MG, at that point they only supplied parts for microphones made since the early 90's according to Jerry Graham (owner of G-Prime/ Gotham).

Anyway, I have used a few MG mics and liked them, I just wasn't a big fan of some of the claims made regarding their part in the fabled Neumann saga.