Denecke JB-1 Sync Boxes

John Blankenship

On a gig Monday morning, I jammed two Denecke JB-1 sync boxes.  They're probably the tiniest -- and I'm thinking maybe the most accurate -- sync boxes currently available.

Wednesday evening I realized that I had left them both running.  Not a problem, of course, as their battery will last about a week. 

So, two-and-a-half days in I compared them to each other.  These are two units bought at different times from different vendors.  After running for 2-1/2 days they were within seven tenths of a frame of each other. 

This morning -- yes, three days running -- I compared them again and they were only 85/100 of a frame apart.

Accuracy, reliability, great service, and friendly personnel are all among the reasons I say: "DENECKE ROCKS!"

16 minutes ago, John Blankenship said:

On a gig Monday morning, I jammed two Denecke JB-1 sync boxes.  They're probably the tiniest -- and I'm thinking maybe the most accurate -- sync boxes currently available.

Wednesday evening I realized that I had left them both running.  Not a problem, of course, as their battery will last about a week. 

So, two-and-a-half days in I compared them to each other.  These are two units bought at different times from different vendors.  After running for 2-1/2 days they were within seven tenths of a frame of each other. 

This morning -- yes, three days running -- I compared them again and they were only 85/100 of a frame apart.

Accuracy, reliability, great service, and friendly personnel are all among the reasons I say: "DENECKE ROCKS!"

I agree.  They are also the easiest to use and the customer service can't be beat.  Long live Denecke!

Agreed. Once these little guys came out, I was like “here it is, finally!”  I really wanted a tiny sync box with BNC and a readout. The fact that it has a user replaceable battery with massive capacity is icing on the cake, and I’m really glad it was Denecke that made them. 

Denecke is a great company and their products are the most reliable that I’ve seen. I’ve tried out other TC systems and have had a number of issues in accuracy, drift, build quality, and issues with them simply not being recognized by cameras. No wireless or apps needed to put more RF into the air or add another point of unreliability (let’s face it, our phone manufacturers don’t want our phones to work all the time, hence the useless updates that slow them down and render our apps useless).