Wisycom - Performance difference between MTP40S & MTP41S

Attila

42 minutes ago, Attila said:

Yes phantom power is right. But both have the limiter.

An  on the Wisycom Website the MTP40S is pictured with the linear function. The MTP41S is not. So does both have the linear mode?

As far as I can see having promoted 'LINEAR' with a banner, Wisycom sloppily neglect to tell you what it is, which leads one to the conclusion that it might be just a promotion name.
Even if you downoad the manual and search for 'linear' there's no results found. If that's how they do business, I'm put off right from the start!

After searching I found a Video that explain the linear function. It´s about avoiding intermodulation. 

It will be explained at 6:00 

and here at 3:30

Sadly this function is not explained in the user manual...

THE single-battery transmitter presumably has a limiter but it has no menu option for limiter, so it can't be defeated.  The dual battery version has limiter on and limiter off menu option.

The maximum RF output on the single-battery version is 50mw while on my dual-battery transmitters it is 100 mw.  There may be a higher-output version available.  I don't have the latest firmware installed, so some of these details may have been changed with newer firmware.

So the Wisycom support answered :

The only difference between 40 and 41 are the battery life, the RF max power (MTP41 can’t go up to 100mW) and it can’t power the PHA48 to supply phantom power, outside for these points MTP40 and 41 are absolutely the same range and audio wise.

All the MTP41S in Band 7 (470-663Mhz) we produce now will feature the LINEAR technology.

• 4 years later...

The MTP41S definitly has a limiter and it is switchable from menu. Firmware installed : 140_0J.

As far as I know there are only 2 restrictions for the MTP41:
- the max. RF restriction to 50mw (wich also applies to most MTP40 models)

- not usable with 48V adaptor PH48

I love to have the choice of both models.

wisycom-MTP41S-limiter-small.jpg