Nanolockit on Blackmagic Pocket

Hello. I'm trying to sync a Blackmagic Pocket camera with a Nanolockit. I have no problems when music a Tentacle Sync as it reads the TC straight away and sends it to the TC of the camera. But when pugging the Nano, it sends the TC to one of the audio tracks, it doest read is as TC in, which is not ideal. Have double checked the settings of the nano on the Ambient toolbox app. Frame rate is set and all the setting seem to be correct. 

Has anyone found a similar problem? Any ideas?

Cheers everyone. 

I don't think is that. When you connect the Tentacle it  shows straight as TC in and EXT TC on the camera. 

When connecting the NanoLock it goes straight into the audio track which is a bummer. Not sure. Played with the output level from the locket before and nothing changed. 

Emailing Mr. Ambient to see if I can get an answer before Tuesday next week as we start our shoot. 

Thanks for the replies so far

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello. 

As usual is an operator problem. Turns out the FPS on the camera were set up to 24. Once fixed and connecting the Nano to the computer to check frame rates (I didn't know you had to connect the Nano to the computer to access a menu http://ambient.de/en/downloads/)

There you go. All the Synch with the Black Magic Pocket cameras was great. Very easy to use. 

Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

I just did a shoot with probably one of the most ridiculous setups I’ve ever seen. We had three pocket cameras, and they wanted TC in on the audio jack because they can read it as LTC (which is a pretty cool feature), but seriously, at what point do we just go back to using ENG cameras?

ADCDE989-65B3-4691-8205-ED247145B430.jpeg

AC6C5E52-73AF-41CF-AE2D-9EE0BAB0C17B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Allen Rowand said:

At first glance I thought this was an Ursa!

That’s what I thought we were going to be using. The person that hired me was not in the least bit technical, so I showed up and the AC gave me the rundown after expecting that I had been informed on what we were using and the workflow. 

The DP had a couple of first gen Tentacles that wouldn’t sync properly, and these cameras had a hard time reading their TC. I use the new Denecke JB-1’s but didn’t have the right cables because nobody has ever asked me to run TC into a DSLR. But we used the DPs tentacle cables and everything worked flawlessly after that. 

On 10/13/2019 at 11:45 AM, JonG said:

We had three pocket cameras

Sweeeeetttttt!

Those are photos there of the brand new (just came out a few weeks ago, if that!) Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K S35 camera. 

(yes, you read that right, they're 6K! Not 4K like the old version)