Jump to content

Np50 Bulk Charger V3.0 Travel edition (smallest form factor around !) UPDATE!!


WrineX

Recommended Posts

On 11/30/2020 at 10:14 AM, LarryF said:

The Lectro 12 bay charger has a temperature sensor cutoff of 0C (32F) as a safety measure. Batteries that are too cold or too hot should not be charged for safety and battery damage reasons. It isn't a bug.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

nov2019 was my experience in the cold (-10C) and the mothership cleared up the parameters of the charger for me.  nov2020 (+10C), the lights of the charging bays were not lighting up and i was not sure if any charging was taking place.  i haven’t seen the charger for a few weeks.  i have around (18) lectro  lb50 batteries, 6 transmitters that use them, hence the need for a 12 bay charger.  i haven’t had scenes where all 6 transmitters are being used, so the 8 bay charger has been a good back-up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ao said:

nov2019 was my experience in the cold (-10C) and the mothership cleared up the parameters of the charger for me.  nov2020 (+10C), the lights of the charging bays were not lighting up and i was not sure if any charging was taking place.  i haven’t seen the charger for a few weeks.  i have around (18) lectro  lb50 batteries, 6 transmitters that use them, hence the need for a 12 bay charger.  i haven’t had scenes where all 6 transmitters are being used, so the 8 bay charger has been a good back-up

At +10C (50F) the 12 bay charger should have been operating (no lights, no charging), unless the batteries themselves were very cold. As small as they are, I would expect them to warm up in 15 minutes or so. if the 12 bay comes back to operation in balmy temperatures, we may need to double check the operation in our temperature chamber. Please let me know.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 11/30/2020 at 4:14 PM, LarryF said:

The Lectro 12 bay charger has a temperature sensor cutoff of 0C (32F) as a safety measure. Batteries that are too cold or too hot should not be charged for safety and battery damage reasons. It isn't a bug.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher



well yeah ur right they can be hurt in sub zero c ,  when charging. most often though ur not charging in such an environment  and if you would they warm up really quickly being overall far above 0 C after 2 minutes. so even if you would (witch i cant recommend) they will be charged. time to form metallic lithium on the anode is only a short time.. as i said i would not recommend it by far.   but if you have to record in this situation, you can either chose to have a charger that does not charge at all. or does its best. at the cost of batteries. no one cares if it will reduce life, if the choice would be no transmitters at all or having transmitters and maybe you shortened the life span of the battery permanently.   thats my 2 cents :)  not ideal by far so i do see the use of the sensor. but im debating if it is a downside or a pro. 

it is something to take into account when you are in this situation often, charge a bit more for wear and tear on the batteries or demand a 10c room where you can charge (same goes for all other persons that use lithium cells)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WrineX said:

not ideal by far so i do see the use of the sensor. but im debating if it is a downside or a pro. 

Our attitude is "Thou shall not Fxxx around with lithium batteries."  

There's enough uncertainty with Chinese knockoffs and fake certifications on batteries already.

I do truly understand your point, but we've gone the belt and suspenders route with lithiums.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, LarryF said:

Our attitude is "Thou shall not Fxxx around with lithium batteries."  

There's enough uncertainty with Chinese knockoffs and fake certifications on batteries already.

I do truly understand your point, but we've gone the belt and suspenders route with lithiums.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher



well fair enough :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i really dont want to be a sales person :) but if anyone is still interested in an 8 bay charger ? contact me. i got  some parts left for a few 
There are a few that took the plunge before you (not gone name people here)
but it would really help keeping another hobby up :) and i believe so far people are rather happy about the charger and service (one on one contact)

I hate to write this :(  but anyhow.  Kind regards Joppe

and keep save!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WrineX changed the title to Np50 Bulk Charger V3.0 Travel edition (smallest form factor around !)
3 hours ago, Jim Rillie said:

The V3 travel version is a thing of beauty.

We are very happy with both our v2 and v3 versions.

Hope you are we'll, Joppe.

 

Best regards,

Jim Rillie
 

thats awesome to hear , it really does do me good,  you enjoy them, it really does !!   im doing fine,  hope you guys  are able to work during these hard times ?

Kind regards Joppe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jim Rillie said:

Thanks Joppe all is well. Winter is our usual down time here. Starting up series shooting in May.

 

Best regards,

 

Jim Rillie



i should have known that :) haha. wel enjoy the free time !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am also a very happy user of the V3! I've used it on two 12 weeks shoot so far and am half way into the third one, charging batteries 5 days a week without any issue. Super product, and perfect service! Thanks Joppe!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same here! Very happy user if v3, and what I believe to be v1. Both still hold up fine. In fact, I am so happy with v3, that I might just buy another one. I keep adding transmitters and they need charged batteries, and I need more chargers. And I re-arranged my whole charging situation so I now have less use for the v1 charger and more use for the v3 type. 
 

I also bought a creative AA battery charger a while back (not from Joppe), and that pales by comparison. I am actually quite disappointed by them. In fact, I am currently considering to switch back to my former chargers. 
Unlike Joppes chargers which are perfect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ben B said:

I am also a very happy user of the V3! I've used it on two 12 weeks shoot so far and am half way into the third one, charging batteries 5 days a week without any issue. Super product, and perfect service! Thanks Joppe!

Thanks allot for the kind words !  im glad it  performs as it should. :) im pretty happy with it so far. none came back. so far ! knock on wood ;)

44 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Same here! Very happy user if v3, and what I believe to be v1. Both still hold up fine. In fact, I am so happy with v3, that I might just buy another one. I keep adding transmitters and they need charged batteries, and I need more chargers. And I re-arranged my whole charging situation so I now have less use for the v1 charger and more use for the v3 type. 
 

I also bought a creative AA battery charger a while back (not from Joppe), and that pales by comparison. I am actually quite disappointed by them. In fact, I am currently considering to switch back to my former chargers. 
Unlike Joppes chargers which are perfect. 
 

Yeah Constantin you where one of my first customers ! im glad you and some others got the thing going.  if you ever want to replace that V1 with a V3 i bet we can arange something to save some costs.   i mean someone has to take the plunge and you where one of them!.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys and Girls, it has been a while.

Since i got quite some interest in my NP50 chargers i wanted to ask the following.
 

I am creating a list of people that would like one of my 8 bay chargers, so i can then drop my current income and create a tiny buffer (i do a batch of 30-50 like a kickstarter but without the royalty free music, and without paying up front).

 

I then would have a proper VAT number etc.

 

Price ex VAT would be around 325-350 euro ex VAT and shipping.

 

Just wondering if you would be still interested and if you wish to be on that list. of course it is just an indication for me if i can take that step. Without not being able to pay rent after one month.

so i only go forward if im able to fill that list, just like a kickstarter.

 

If you got any questions i would be happy to answer them by a private message , here , or on facebook whatever you like.


 

Kind regards Joppe

 

 

NP50 Charger V3.0 (own circuits with converter)

 


Features/specs


Smallest form factor of all NP50 chargers on the market. (HxWxL) 4.92 x 11.8 x 6.4 cm. 

  • Charges 8  NP-50's Simultaneous.

  • Over sized Converter that can supply up to 2.5 times the current required, to run cool and increase reliability.

  • Matched Charging chips within 1% accuracy. (all pcb's are tested manualy).

  • Swiss made gold plated spring loaded battery contacts.

  • External power supply from a well known brand.

  • Passive cooling.

  • A reset/on off switch with protection so you cant bump it by accident.

  • Ability to be fed by a DC power source between 10-48 volts DC (Cart battery or your Car, or a laptop brick)

  • Weight ~500 grams. (excluding power supply)

  • Dual LED : On each side of the slot, green or a red LED so you can see witch slot is charging more clearly.

  • Battery disconnect detection: While the charge ready light is lit(green), the red light blinks when there is no battery in the slot or the battery is disconnected (a feature Constantine wanted and accidentally was already in the new charger) so if it is blinking next day with a battery present,  the battery might be faulty or did not connect properly.


 

Power supply specifications

 

Power

25 Watt

Input range:

85~264 Vac

Certificating:

CE

Cooling :

Passive

Protection :

Short circuit
Overload.

Over voltage


 


 

Charger specification 

 

Charge rate each slot :

~400mA

Charge end voltage accuracy:

Within 1 % accuracy (all manually tested, and chips replaced if they did not meet this 1% criteria)

Protection :

  • Overheat Protection:
    Charger will cycle down charge current if module reaches above 65+- degrees Celsius.

  • Reverse Polarity Protection

  • Output over/under voltage

  • Over current protection

  • Short circuit protection

  • Thermal shutdown protection

  • Soft start

 

 

Weight :  Charger 250 Grams
Weight:   Power supply 220 Grams


I will make nicer picture for the website haha, this is my disability of taking nice pictures !

Here is a video of the different components that make up one of those chargers, just for fun.

 

20200625_122651.jpg

20200625_122718.jpg

20200625_122639.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WrineX changed the title to Np50 Bulk Charger V3.0 Travel edition (smallest form factor around !) Trying to take the plunge !
  • WrineX changed the title to Np50 Bulk Charger V3.0 Travel edition (smallest form factor around !) UPDATE!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...