prosumer products with potential?

daniel

The subscription model sucks, I reckon it will flop unless they either 1) make the app free or 2) at least make it is a one off life time purchase of the app

For every who who doesn't need the app then the Tascam DR10L/CS would be a better buy (on which point, I'm considering buying the Tascam DR10X as an affordable and very very compact/lightweight back up recorder to run simultaneously in my bag to back up the boom track or an automix)

When it comes to prosumer gear with potential, the kings are: Zoom F series and SD MixPre series. 

Agree, subs suck. Lots of ideas being turned into things though and I like that. Even if they are not so original, fail or have little use, some will have an influence. Having a very small, HQ mic/transmitter which doesn't need a cable run down to a belt pack would be very useful thing. Eg a UHF belt pack TX with a 2.4ghz link with the capsule (it's already being done in some respect with a smart phone and wireless buds). Maybe it takes 10 more years for someone to do it well enough, but I think it will be a lot less.