Know of a quiet place in Point Reyes Station, California?

Jim Feeley

This is a regional question, but I think this is a good place to ask since you all have ears. Next month we're filming at a bakery in Point Reyes Station, in Northern California. For the key interview, the bakery and environs are too loud; the next door cheese-making place runs their HVAC 24/7. I've looked for alternatives (Airbnbs, inns, barns, etc), but am less-than thrilled with what I'm finding, both sonically and visually. Would love a place that is visually cool; need a place that's quiet enough for a one-hour (hopefully less) on-camera interview.

Has anyone recorded an interview in West Marin, and especially near Point Reyes Station, at a location that worked for you? 

If so, think that location might be available (i.e.- rentable) to us?

Thanks!

Book a room here, 

https://goo.gl/maps/LaNwDCxKkEULYZjYA

There's a barn in the back they use for wedding/ dances  that might be cool and you wouldn't have to rent a room if you worked quickly. 

Point Reyes Station - Google Maps.pdf

They also have Honeymoon cottages that are isolated and look incredible. 

profile picture.jpg

Here is a pic of the Honeymoon Cottage

Cottage

Olema House Point Reyes - Google Maps.pdf

I filmed in a herring processing plant up there a few years ago.  I believe the plant is now closed, but it was a really cool location.  The only problem - I had to throw away every cable I used.  You just cannot get that fish smell out of the cables, no matter how hard you try.  Maybe it's better now.  😄

Good thought, Dalton! I've stayed at the Olema House, but didn't know they had a honeymoon cottage. I'll check that out.

Ptalsky, I'll look old herring plants. If I smell one before I see one, I'll be sure to bring old cables... 🙂

Jim

PS- there's still time for more suggestions and leads...