DSQD real world reviews

Brian

• 4 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 9:13 PM, RocketTreeAudio said:

I have a DSQD in a bag with a 633 hooked up to some SNA600s.

How's the power draw in the bag? Guessing it's on a separate batt than the 633. What batts are you using and what kind of time are you getting out of it? Also, can you turn off unused channels and if so does it affect the power draw? TIA

• 3 months later...
On 8/8/2019 at 7:30 PM, Michael Wynne said:

The location of the two BNC antenna inputs, XLR /Dante outputs, and power is less ideal for a bag workflow and will be cumbersome, A slot mount SRB,SRC,A10, etc solves all that.  And my guess is that with the digital winds of change the tumbleweeds will be bringing more to the slot mount design in the digital world such as the speculated SRD.

I hoping the new machine to do that,  Lectrosonics Octopack has AES output, Sound device SL2 has 4 SRC slot,… etc.

5 hours ago, Mark said:

Any more news in these units in a bag?

would love to hear more about how it performs.

how it compares to a 411?

etc

Can‘t really compare it to a 411 anymore as I‘ve sold all mine. In my opinion the 822 outperforms my DSQD but I love them both. I have them both in a bag and I‘m relly happy with this setup. I have 10 channels of wireless receivers in my bag without any rf distro. 

CCED9420-0985-47E4-9085-97592FBE6CF9.jpeg

4 hours ago, Constantin said:

Can‘t really compare it to a 411 anymore as I‘ve sold all mine. In my opinion the 822 outperforms my DSQD but I love them both. I have them both in a bag and I‘m relly happy with this setup. I have 10 channels of wireless receivers in my bag without any rf distro. 

CCED9420-0985-47E4-9085-97592FBE6CF9.jpeg

Without any RF distro? How so?

On 10/13/2021 at 12:37 AM, Allen Rowand said:

My guess: antennas into SL-2, out to DSQD, then DSQD out to 822 or some variation. Both the SL-2 and DSQD have 

hope that is work. 

For example, i try Antenna to DSQD to Octopack,  Gordon Moore said they are not commend bands and have internal filtering  , he suggested use passive splitter from antenna to Octopack  and DSQD. 

On 10/14/2021 at 2:32 AM, Eric Lau said:

hope that is work. 

For example, i try Antenna to DSQD to Octopack,  Gordon Moore said they are not commend bands and have internal filtering  , he suggested use passive splitter from antenna to Octopack  and DSQD. 

It does work of course, as long as you consider the bands of your devices. It doesn’t matter which RF devices you try to conmect their RF ranges must always overlap 

• 3 months later...

Hello. I'm curious to know if  Vector Diveristy makes a real difference when in Digital Hybrid using analog tx (HM, SMB, LT). I already have SRb,411a,Venue2.

I am in for an offer on a non-vector enabled unit (looking at its serial).

From the manual I read that Vector Diversity makes  good improvement when using digital transmission since it makes less awful the audio result when both antenna receives badly.

I'm really in a hurry prior to start next job (in 20 days) and this offer jumped on me yesterday.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

6 hours ago, Johnny Karlsson said:

Vector diversity only works with fully digital transmitters (not hybrid ones). Also note that vector diversity uses two of the channels.

Vector Diversity is available in digital and Hybrid modes in the DCR822 and in the DSQD V2. I would say, though, that Vector yields more of an improvement over standard ratio diversity when using digital modes. 

55 minutes ago, karlw said:

Vector Diversity is available in digital and Hybrid modes in the DCR822 and in the DSQD V2. I would say, though, that Vector yields more of an improvement over standard ratio diversity when using digital modes. 

Oops, my bad. Sorry about that sicijk.

Thank you for correcting my mistake, Karl !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 1:46 PM, Jobo said:

What is the difference if any in DSQD V2 and V1? When did V2 drop onto market? 

Wondering if Brian ever got his HMa issue resolved ? The thread kind of went away from DSQD reviews for a sec 

I'd like to know the as well ---