Brian

DSQD real world reviews

On 10/26/2019 at 4:37 PM, TimMey said:

Still hoping for a DSQD in the 600-Mhz range (Block 24-26), this would be great! 

Is this quite likely or even confirmed already?

Any news about that?? Best, Tim.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:39 AM, Derek H said:

I must be the only one who thinks slot mount is a waste of time and engineering sweat. Why limit the engineers to a form factor that has no real utility for the actual purpose of the device. Yes, I get that there are all sorts of accessories and multicouplers for slot mount and people like plug-n-play but the ability to mount into a camera slot is completely  unimportant to sound mixers. I would take ANY improvement in RF performance or I/O options over slot-mount form factor. For example, I’d much rather have a tighter tracking filter than a smaller housing. 

I agree with this. The only real reason in my head for the slot design is to double a a hop on camera, but with the DCHT etc that’s less of a need. But RF performance and range are the biggest issues in my everyday work life as well. Which is why I’m considering running a DSQD 

I have a DSQD in a bag with a 633 hooked up to some SNA600s. I’m waiting for some Betso Bowties to hook up to it.

It’s been pretty good with a few things I’ve noticed.

in the summer here in Utah it gets pretty hot, just be mindful of how much sun you give it. I’ve never had it overheat, but it’s felt too hot to the touch for me sometimes.

I’ve got walkie hits before when they were keyed. Doesn’t happen often, but it’s good to be aware of how close you are to them with the DSQD.

i love the Dbu Tx paired with it, range is just as good as my SMVs and SMWBs and it sounds super clean. 

The Dbu boots up and shuts down fast too! I like that.

I don’t like to use my one DBu I own with my older Tx’s in a mix because the Dbu doesn’t have Smart NR.

It sounds weird when it’s in a Dugan mix with Tx’s with NR. I know I could turn the others NR off, but I just use the DBu for now on interviews or single talent stuff. If you gain it right, the noise floor can be very low but I still wish the Dbu could do Smart NR as well with the new digital modulation.

ive also had some bad luck with the DSQD in ratio mode a couple of times now, like a weird phasing between the blended receivers. Also a firmware version back the DSQD didn’t like it when you had two receivers in switch mode on the same channel with the SMWBs; it would make this clicking sound. The clicking went away with this last firmware update though so that’s good. 

I would buy another if I had the cash to put in my 688 bag with 3 src’s in an SL6 so I don’t have to move it between my two bigger bags ;)

also another cool thing is you can hook it up to a laptop via usb and control it with Wireless Designer. Pretty cool app.

8C62B330-BB6F-4CBD-9832-A6678888DA76.jpeg

0AB49043-7698-4410-B487-6540E50A0B0E.jpeg

59191A4B-958E-4787-A864-AD19ABAE4D8D.jpeg

C5D26A33-98F2-4396-A517-8851E247DD15.jpeg

Well, they need to figure it out.  I’m not happy.  Many of my colleagues here in Toronto have returned Units.  I seem to be the beta tester now which is not what I signed up for.  I’m very surprised that Lectro released an incomplete product.  I will be seeking financial compensation, as I cannot use the equipment as intended.   

Holding off this purchase.  These early reviews and comments have been helpful.   Thank You.