Leicozic SR2050

Paul F

Other than just fooling around with it at home I haven't had a proper chance to really use it, but I will be using it for a short film this weekend. 
(I don't have a G3 transmitter btw to use it with though. And in the past I've just been using the headphone output from a Sony UWP-D11 receiver, so that is what I & the director would be comparing it against which we've both used previously. I'll make sure to ask his opinions of it as well at the end of the shoot, as he'll be the one wearing it all the time)

12 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Other than just fooling around with it at home I haven't had a proper chance to really use it, but I will be using it for a short film this weekend. 
(I don't have a G3 transmitter btw to use it with though. And in the past I've just been using the headphone output from a Sony UWP-D11 receiver, so that is what I & the director would be comparing it against which we've both used previously. I'll make sure to ask his opinions of it as well at the end of the shoot, as he'll be the one wearing it all the time)

I found their products on AliExpress but all of the transmitters looked like they are huge and fit in a rack. Do you know if they have a body pack style transmitter or if you have to use a G3?

I did a quick test for range, using a Sony transmitter in my bag left in my office (on level 3) I traveled up to the top floor of my office building (7 floors) and I'd hear it cutting out a few times while traveling up in the lift (no surprise, it was a metal container! But still, I could hear it fine for the vast majority of the time). But once up on the 7th floor I found reception to be fine. 

• 1 month later...

how s your experience with that, does it work properly with sennheiser systems? i need some more ifb receiver, actually i have a system with 3 ex 1038 Sennheiser  in E RANGE with a g2 transmitter,  and need some more  receivers, seems that its impossible to find in the e range (826- 861).

1 hour ago, alidav said:

how s your experience with that, does it work properly with sennheiser systems?

Am afraid I don't own any Sennheisers, but I've been pairing it with my Sony UWP-D11 kit (the RX on the camera, the TX for the camera hop and the director's feed)
But in principle it should work with them too. 

• 3 years later...

Quite naughty from that company to not only copy the design but even the name (!) of the Sennheiser SR2050.

I use the Sennheiser "original" frequently and can say it's a rugged and reliable workhorse. Range highly depends on the antenna connected, I use a passive sharkfin.  You can either go stereo or mix two sources in the beltpacks via focus menu. If Leicozic offers similar quality it should be ok.

15 hours ago, gabelinkiewicz said:

From what I’ve heard they do work with Sennheisers and Lectro in the right comparability mode.

I use it all the time with either a Lectro UM400 or/and a Lectro T4 IFB transmitter. (I get better range with these, than with the Sony transmitters I used to use)

I find the battery door seems to be easily damaged, so I tend to always hand them out in MSC-20A pouches now and haven't had any issues since. 

The limited frequency selection has me leaving it on the shelf. It is not tunable to the full set of Sennheiser frequencies in a given band, but rather, has a limited preset set of frequencies to choose from. Other than that, it's pretty good. I have three I'll sell for half price.

On 10/24/2022 at 11:56 PM, Paul F said:

The limited frequency selection has me leaving it on the shelf. It is not tunable to the full set of Sennheiser frequencies in a given band, but rather, has a limited preset set of frequencies to choose from. Other than that, it's pretty good. I have three I'll sell for half price.

Hi Paul, I was looking at 572 - 603mhz  units, assuming I could dial frequencies in 25khz steps - what are the steps on your units?  TIA

I have used the 2080 IEM receivers, in combination with my Senn G3 TX. Similar or the same as the above mentioned receivers.  40 channels arbitrary selections from 572-603.5 MHz. I use Senn IEM's for the director / Script / AD / Prompter and everyone else gets one of the 2080's with some nice headphones. The range is good in most situations, though I have had to get the TX very close on a few roof tops in Manhattan, which makes sense. Sound quality is quite tinny and mono, but perfectly adequate and intelligible. Similar to comteks. They are not stereo, as advertised. They use 1/8 trs plugs for the headphones. Build quality is decent, but not nearly as nice as the IEM's. Battery life is about 10 hours on good quality Alkaline batteries. I place all my units in hip bags, to protect them, as they will break apart if dropped. 

Here are the step for the first group of 10 channels, as an example. 

B1 - 572 - 572.6 - 574.4 - 575.3 - 576.5 - 577.5 - 578.1 - 579.3 - 580.1 - 581.5 

I have a cheat sheet in my phone, so I can quickly scan and dial in a frequency, if I end up using any of the 2080's. Good units for low budget gigs, where additional ears are needed, but depend on my comteks and Senn IEM's for higher end stuff. 

Hope that helps. 

On 10/24/2022 at 8:39 PM, gabelinkiewicz said:

I might take you up on that Paul! Are you LA / SoCal based? And what’s the frequency range of the ones you have?

I have the 572 - 603Mhz units. Half price is a bit of a misnomer as I bought the 3 units for $145. Due to another inquiry, I found out that they were available, 3 for $86 ($20 ship) a few days ago and today they are available for $116 ($20 ship). So you may be better off buying new.

The picture shows a table I made up of the frequencies - 4 banks, 10 channels per bank. Ignore the blue shading.

20221028_150919[1].jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 6:12 PM, IronFilm said:

I use it all the time with either a Lectro UM400 or/and a Lectro T4 IFB transmitter. (I get better range with these, than with the Sony transmitters I used to use)

I find the battery door seems to be easily damaged, so I tend to always hand them out in MSC-20A pouches now and haven't had any issues since. 

Just to clarify, you used to use Sony UWP transmitters to speak with the Leicozic Receivers that live in MSC-20A pouches, correct?

16 hours ago, Timothy Belen said:

Just to clarify, you used to use Sony UWP transmitters to speak with the Leicozic Receivers that live in MSC-20A pouches, correct?

Yes, but the range is only so-so with a Sony transmitter. I did that for a while, but not in recent years as I've been using Lectrosonics transmitters (such as the T4 IFB) instead. 

So the Sony is perfectly fine if you wish to say transmit to the camera in the same room as you. But if you want to be able to communicate with your Boom Op upstairs at the opposite side of the house? Use a Lectrosonics transmitters.