Lectrosonics SNA600 / SNA600a with active distribution

Attila

Hi.

I know the difference between the old 600 and the new 600a model is, that the 600a can be used with an active distribution.

But what happens when I use the old model 600 with an active distribution? Does the reception suffers or can it be damaged somehow?

it may potentially damage the active distribution if you are unable to turn off (or forget) the antenna powering. most of them will probably have some king of protection in case of a short - which is how the SNA600 would be seen (check it with a voltmeter)

its easy enough to mod the 600 to A spec. you need a sharp knife, a soldering iron, and an email to lectrosonics to ask what the spec of capacitor you need to fit to the SNA600. they were happy to post me the parts (two surface mount capacitors (one for each antenna)) in order to do this myself.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, astro said:

Hi!

I bought a used SNA660a. Strangly the capacitor under the housing seems to be broken. What value should I use to replace it?

100pf ceramic. It is not critical. You can use any value from 47pf to 1000 pf. An NPO (temperature stable) would be preferred.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Edited by LarryF
add ceramic

3 hours ago, astro said:

Thank you Larry!

The only smd capacitor I can find in my boxes is 100nF. According to my limited knowledge this would result in a cut off frequency of around 30kHz which should be ok, no? Or will that introduce some other problems?

That's pretty large (0.1uFd) . It may have a low voltage rating and might not be a ceramic. Call or email Lectro service (800 821 1121, service@lectrosonics.com) with your request and an address and they can mail you a couple of the original capacitors at no charge in a plain unmarked envelope.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

1 hour ago, LarryF said:

That's pretty large (0.1uFd) . It may have a low voltage rating and might not be a ceramic. Call or email Lectro service (800 821 1121, service@lectrosonics.com) with your request and an address and they can mail you a couple of the original capacitors at no charge in a plain unmarked envelope.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Larry,

for now it seems to work just fine with a ceramic 100nF/X7R type capacitor.

The next time I order some electronic parts I will also order the right NP0 type capacitor. No need to send a 0.02€ part across the big pond. Thanks again for your help, though! 🥰