Boom Pole Latch

Paul F

The thing with quickfist is that it has a flap that crosses the hole where you put the pole, so the risk of it falling is minimized. With my (I might have used the wrong size then) tool flex holder, all it takes is a little bump or yank and the pole falls off. I used a nite ize gear tie to hold the boom down in the toolflex holder, but that isn't very quick or elegant..

That's my boom cart!

MikeCorl is correct, that particular item came from the container store, though there are many like it.

After using that on my little cart for a number of years, I've added a velcro strap that hooks over the front of the clip. The boom is secure when the cart is stationary, but if I hit any bumps wheeling it around the boom can (and has) bounced out, so the strap adds some needed security.

I also have quickfists on another cart – they are much more secure, but you can't single handed stow the boom, so I feel they both have their place