Deity HD-TX

Apcki

Looks like Deity launched their newest wireless transmitter. Most interesting to me is that it records and transmits. I assume this gets by the zaxcom copyright because it operates at 2.4ghz instead of UHF? Kinda insane for $250. 

https://www.deitymic.com/hdtx/

Edit: NVM, I jumped the gun on that. Recording will disable transmission in the US. So not quite as ground breaking, but still nifty. 

6 hours ago, Mungo said:

Anyway a small and versatile recorder for plant mics. Lav TRS and XLR with phantom. Listen in wirelessly.

Way better than placing some bulky Tascam or Zoom and hoping for the best.

Yeah I think this might be the application. Can you feed TC to it somehow or link two? Would love to do Ortf without cables. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Tresch said:

Aren't you US folks pissed of with those patents that hold you back from buying tools like the rest of the world?

Patrick, you should be here long enough to know that this discussion will all end in tears  ; )

Bit more seriously, it's been discussed many times and since not much can be done about it for the time being it's probably not worth fussing about it.

chris

2 hours ago, Patrick Tresch said:

Aren't you US folks pissed of with those patents that hold you back from buying tools like the rest of the world?

No, I am not pissed off because no one is holding me back from purchasing the tools that I use, and I can use these tools without breaking the law. I am pissed off, however, with those who seem to have no respect or regard for the patent laws. I agree  with many that the patent system is antiquated and flawed in many respects, but it is the law. I have found that if one does some  research on patents, specifically some of the patents that apply to the tools we have used over the years, develop an understanding of the patent system and the ways that it has affected our technology, this can produce better respect and possibly reduce some of the impulse to be pissed off.

1 hour ago, chrismedr said:

Patrick, you should be here long enough to know that this discussion will all end in tears  ; )

Bit more seriously, it's been discussed many times and since not much can be done about it for the time being it's probably not worth fussing about it.

chris

OK. Thanks Chris for your words.

PS: They could make a dual slot mircoSD card recorder.

4 hours ago, Patrick Tresch said:

I run zaxcom so not really :P

I do think its cool that other companies are pushing boundaries though, as competition is always good! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with having "HD" in a model name? Heck, doesn't Zaxcom have an "HD" somewhere themselves? The ZHD

Thats cause you seem to like Prosumer products ;)

The HD in ZHD stands for high desinty as the modulation system allows more channel in that spectrum.

I actially avoid compaines that market "HD" audio as its a gimmick to nab consumers who dont know any better. Saying that, said company hasnt actually mention the term high definition but think its easy to work out.

On 9/13/2019 at 6:47 PM, Patrick Tresch said:

Im from the UK and run full Zaxcom cause I respect the inovation they come up with, Its not just the record function though, its the remote control elemet of the whole system. I cant seem my work flow being anything else.