Np-50 High capacity and or fully charged >?

WrineX

Hi i wondered about the following.

- what battery's are people using ?
- What do you expect in terms hours of use, please let me know Zaxcom or Lectro :)

- Rather have expensive high capacity ones last longer or be able to use those high capacity ones more often at the cost of some minutes ?

comparison durability vs - capacity/minutes you can use it

4.20 volt is fully charged! ,

The next number  (300-500) is the amount you can charger them

Next number is how saturated it is !

4.20 300–500 100%
4.15 400–700 90–95%
4.10 600–1,000 85–90%

thing above 4.20 volt means charged to the MAX , most chargers will keep 4.2 as a benchmark but less is better for battery health. a common Digibuddy OTB or Sound Guys Solution and my older chargers  will charge up to 4.15-4.20 you get almost a full charge. lets say 95-100.

i am experimenting with  chargers that will only do 90-95% 4.15 volt , this does means your expensive high capacity battery like the ones from  FUJI or Lectrosonics will last almost 100-200 charges more !  

if a np50 will last 4 hours that means a MAXIMUM difference of 12-24 minutes.  at the moment im testing this as well. since values might be rather different depending on the amount of current drawn.  To bad LECTROSONICS  has a 404 on their battery chart page...... so i dont know how much they pull so i could make a better estimation, and Zaxcom does not mention power draw anywhere i could find. (if someone does please let me know)