Sign in to follow this  
WrineX

Anything and everything. So Diy Planar Headphones it is :)

Well i just thought ill share a hobby with you guys. for those that would like to record with open back headphones this might be for you ;) but i cant think of any that would. (although i do love to hear a director with documentaries)

I guess no one knows m e and the people that do know me its because of some chargers.  but i actually have a far more important hobby.... at least to me :)

Making whatever sound related in terms of reproduction.  weird exotic speaker contraptions etc. but lately i made a Planar magnetic Headphone from some old scrap sennheiser and some  techniques i used before for my speaker projects. (fullrange planar magnetics and drivers)

Low and behold my .... Planar Magnetic ultra cheap Sennheiser overhaul :) 

Here's the complete playlist.. since i hoped it would be a one day build it turned out a bit longer.. (dont mind audio recording/photography)
Maybe some one  would like to try or whatever.

please let me know what your thoughtss are about an open back headphone ? i can imagine it being annoying but maybe someone has other ideas.

Part 1 the start of a planar magnetic headphone, made out of scraps.

Part 2 - trying the basic version

Part 3 - attempt of making the lighted membrane

Part 4  - Making one of the lightest membranes in planar headphones !

Part 5 - first music ! of driver V1

Part 6 - making the driver

Part 7 -  Making the cups

Part 8 - Assembly

PART 9 FINAL !

Well so far I have only looked at the pictures (but it is after all essentially a visual industry - !@#?) but my desire for a nice pair of vintage DT48s has now been superseded by “anything made from wood”!

Can’t, ahem, sound much worse than my sonies I expect ... !

Cheers, Jez

14 hours ago, The Immoral Mr Teas said:

Well so far I have only looked at the pictures (but it is after all essentially a visual industry - !@#?) but my desire for a nice pair of vintage DT48s has now been superseded by “anything made from wood”!

Can’t, ahem, sound much worse than my sonies I expect ... !

Cheers, Jez

I've got a couple sets of DT48s I'd let go to a good home. Got anything fun to trade for em? : )

Karl