SD Remote

IronFilm

Why is SD Remote listed as "This app is incompatible with all of your devices."??

And I've got *FIVE* Android phones logged into my Google Play account, and yet all five are listed as "incompatible". Even though these are modern phones with Android Oreo or more recent on them.

Is this because it *MUST BE* a tablet which is used with SD Remote? As a bag guy I'd really like to use something smaller which is 5" or 6" rather than a full blown tablet. What is the smallest size which can be used with SD Remote, can this restriction be removed in the future?

And while we're on the topic of SD Remote, any hints on how long until we can ditch the USB cable and go wireless over bluetooth? 😉

Anybody knows 8 inch tablet compatible with SD-Remote?

I bought a cheap Android 8.1  tablet Dragon Touch Y80 to use SD-Remote but it was not compatible.
So I requested the list of approved tablet to Sound Devices support, but they did not have such list.
They said they can approve Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch that is used for their tests.
It is nice information, but I want to use is 8 inch one. 

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Did the app store simply say it is not compatible? Or was there some other issue?

I cannot find the App by search at Google Play Store. 
And when I try to download from direct link I cannot download due to the "Your Device Isn't Compatible With This Version" error.
I tested mirrored APK but it did not work too.

10 minutes ago, Naga said:

I cannot find the App by search at Google Play Store. 
And when I try to download from direct link I cannot download due to the "Your Device Isn't Compatible With This Version" error.

I looked up your tablet and it says it is running "Google Android 8.1 Oreo OS", which is much more modern than the minimum needed for SD Remote. 
And it is a tablet, so that wouldn't be the same reasons as why my phone didn't work. 

Is a mystery to me as to why it wouldn't work, perhaps because it is a kids' tablet there is some odd mod going on of Android they've got which is causing the hiccup. But I doubt it, just I don't have too many other theories. Has possibly Sound Devices' made a minimum screen size? (I think that is something an app developer can put in as a restriction??) As I haven't heard of anybody else using an 8" tablet yet? (I hope that isn't the reason! As I really want to use a small tablet with the 833, ideally a phone!)

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Michael Lonsdale said:

Why is Sound Devices only making the App for Android.

They say iOS support will be coming in the future. 
Am glad they're supporting Android, as that is what my phones always are. (now if only SD would support phones... and not just tablets)