788T interference with Wireless

Simon Paine

I've been using my new 788T for a couple of days now on a new series. It's mounted in my cart, near my lectrosonics Venue system. Whenever i hit record on the 788T 2 of my wireless channels get interference. I haven't had much time to trouble shoot yet, but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and if they have any tips to try and solve the issue. I'll try physically moving the recorder further away from the Venue, but the cart is pretty tight and I'll probably only gain 4-5 inches more distance. Besides, the receivers antennas are about 4-5 feet above the cart.

I heard the 744T used to have similar issues. Was the interference with the 744T frequency related ? IE would changing frequencies remedy the issue ?

A big part of the tout on the 788 for users of earlier SD recorders was that it was supposed to be completely free of this kind of problem.  There are a lot of people using 788s in bag rigs w/ the RX very close by, and I thought I had heard they were clean in a way that they never were w/ the 744 etc..  Is the recorder being powered by the same DC source as the RX?  What happens when you power the 788 on its own battery?

Philip Perkins

• 2 weeks later...