Zaxnet antenna solutions

dougafresh

Hey folks! I'm trying to figure out the best Zaxnet antenna for my Nomad. Seeking the best compromise between (1) decent signal range (2) unobtrusive form factor in the bag and (3) minimal stress on the Nomad's antenna mount. I've been using an antenna that's ~4 inches sticking straight up (pictured), but have had some issues with my bag and harness putting pressure on it, causing the mount to loosen. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks! 

IMG_0574.jpeg

http://www.l-com.com/wireless-antenna-24-ghz-5-dbi-omni-blade-antenna-sma-male-connector 

I just ordered one of these, planning to loop the antenna through the webbing on the front of my Ktek bag. With a right angle adapter on the SMA it should both get the antenna out into the open as well as take the stress off of the connector 

On 10/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, Shastapete said:

http://www.l-com.com/wireless-antenna-24-ghz-5-dbi-omni-blade-antenna-sma-male-connector 

I just ordered one of these, planning to loop the antenna through the webbing on the front of my Ktek bag. With a right angle adapter on the SMA it should both get the antenna out into the open as well as take the stress off of the connector 

Pete 

What were your results?

3 minutes ago, Apcki said:

Not a the same antenna. There  is difference between both.  Off course it will work but not optimal. There are a lot of 2.4gHz antennas available just make sure it is not reversed polarity. Digikey is a good source. Or Lcom 

You can also just point the antenna down. 

• 3 years later...