Venue receiver now in 941 band

LarryF

The Venue 2 receiver system was made available this week in the 941 Band. This band is open to Part 74 users (sound mixers) and has become a defacto traveling band. Part 15 (unlicensed users) are excluded. Four models of transmitters are available in the 941 band. Currently, users are seeing very clean scans in these bands. See info at :   https://www.lectrosonics.com/lectrosonics-venue2-receiver-system-now-available-in-941-960-mhz-band.html

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

1 hour ago, codyman said:

Did Lectro sort out that early "bug" in the 941 band SRc that was causing problems?

I can't imagine they haven't. Wouldn't be like the crew to not double or triple check it. Also, the frequency architecture of the Venue is different from the SRc and by this I'm speaking of the various conversion frequencies and IF filters as you go from the carrier frequency down to baseband. I will ask, just to triple check. By this time there are more than enough users to expose that bug again.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bud,

All the previous 941 transmitters were built to the new rules, i.e., 50 kHz deviation and smaller pilot tone deviation. The 941 Venue will be fully compatible. The much older 944 equipment is not compatible (75 kHz) but we built very few of them since they were only legally usable for live tv studio production and not for field or movie (pre-recorded) use.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

9 hours ago, BudRaymond said:

Would the older 944 transmitters work with the pilot tone disabled on the Venue?

HI Bud,

They'll work with pilot tone disabled but their deviation is too high (75 kHz) so peaks would be overloading.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher