For Fostex FR2-LE users

Damien Looney

If these batteries are widely used then I'm sorry for being out of the loop and rehashing some old information.

For anyone using the FR2-LE and still using AA batteries you may be interested in these http://is.gd/OjGT

I use the 4500 rocket pack to power the recorder and I get days of use out of one of these packs. The recorder can be left on all day and I average between 2 and a half and 3 days on a single charge. I've only used the phantom power option on the recorder once when I had a defective cable for my mixer but it still didn't draw too much life from the battery.

I keep 2 of these packs in my kit and I know that I'm going to be safe for the week on a shoot. It's also done away with the need for carrying excessive boxes of AA batteries so it keeps the weight down in my luggage.

The only thing I don't like about them is the charger that comes with them as it's bulky and gives off an irritating tone when the battery is charged so if you do buy them, don't charge them in your hotel room  when you need a good uninterrupted nights sleep!

Damien