RadoStefanov

DIY custom light zaxcom nova OneUnit condor bag mod

You know my stance on the current bags available so I have no other option then make my own “like my OneUnit bag” or to modify others.

here is my Condor mod. 
so far I have removed the zipper and opened the bag top. Next I will sew closed cel foam on the back and bottom and will insert second zipper on all tree pockets. 
I am using blue tread for the Mock up so you see the mod. It will go black when I go to the sewing machine. 

Condor Deployment Bag (Black, 12 x 6 x 5.5-Inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003W96GG8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rWOMDb7DN6JX7

594D364B-0DE0-469F-88E8-C6E2564C22EF.jpeg

1E724D59-4BC6-403F-9F7E-2C6B344439DA.jpeg

This condor stuff is interesting.  Also I'm wondering if NP-1 batteries share dimensions with any particular type of ammunition magazine as it seems they have a ton of accessories meant for mags to attach to things.

One of my go to sources for foam and fabric has been Seattle Fabrics.  They have several really nice thin foam pieces.  Another source might be a camping supply store, use the foam from sleep mats.

48 minutes ago, drpro said:

One of my go to sources for foam and fabric has been Seattle Fabrics.  They have several really nice thin foam pieces.  Another source might be a camping supply store, use the foam from sleep mats.

Prices seam expansive but they have good stuff. Thanks for the recommendation..

True that Rado.  I am starting to gather pieces for my version 3 bag for my Cantar Mini.  I found some vendors that will sell small quantities of Dyneema fabric.  Now that stuff is expensive, but really light.  Like .5oz for a 36"x36" piece.  A 36"x36" piece suitable for the bag only weighs 5oz.   For some applications you don't even need to sew it.  Seams for example.  A super bonding tape along with an iron for a little heat transfer and you are done.  Zippers still need to be stitched.

48 minutes ago, drpro said:

True that Rado.  I am starting to gather pieces for my version 3 bag for my Cantar Mini.  I found some vendors that will sell small quantities of Dyneema fabric.  Now that stuff is expensive, but really light.  Like .5oz for a 36"x36" piece.  A 36"x36" piece suitable for the bag only weighs 5oz.   For some applications you don't even need to sew it.  Seams for example.  A super bonding tape along with an iron for a little heat transfer and you are done.  Zippers still need to be stitched.

Why not cordura 1000?

What tape do you use? I use upholstry glue and it smells the first few weeks. 🙂