WTF

old school

I found an interesting. (to me) video today at boingboing that I thought I would share and didn't know where to post it so I thought I would start WTF as a place to post the random, weird, and off subjects that we find interesting.

This is an old clip from 63 Steve Allen Show with Frank Zappa playing the bicycle. http://afacemeltingblogofstaggeringriffage.blogspot.com/2009/06/frank-zappa-plays-bicycle-on-steve.html

Enjoy or not. This may well be an old timer thing.

CrewC

Wow. Great to see so many Zappa fans at jwsound. Big Fan of the underrated F Z my self... I also loved the Steve Allen Show. Showed the power of live TV. IMO, live is the magic of TV..., to bad they don't do it these days. Back to the clips.  The 2 of them together is something I never imagined in my vivid n strange mind. Many treasures out there. I hope others find stuff to post in the WTF section.

CrewC

Hmm, maybe Eric and FZ would not be a good fit.  I'm just saying<g>.

FZ, indeed the greatest composer of the 20th century.

D.

I have to agree about not being a good fit Doug. I'm not even sure I've ever heard him and if I did it didn't register as anything special.

Eric

Eric, the clips are not as good if Frank Zappa means nothing to you for sure. How about Steve Allen? He was an original. I loved the way they were micing the scene as well as look of the times.

CrewC

Back in the mid-late 60's I had the chance to record Steve Allen for some project. A very interesting, smart, talented man with a great sense of humor. 

Eric

Not the hugest Zappa fan (compared to many), but definitely a lot of respect for the guy.  I'll never forget when my older brother played "Dynamo Hum" for me when I was in junior high--what an eye-opener!!  I still have my Cosmik Debris/Uncle Remus 45, which I love.  Saw him on the Joe's Garage tour back in the eighties and was blown away at the time.  Thanks for the link, Crew.  Very enjoyable, especially given his path after that.  TV was such a different beast in those days.

PG

I found an interesting. (to me) video today at boingboing that I thought I would share and didn't know where to post it so I thought I would start WTF as a place to post the random, weird, and off subjects that we find interesting.

This is an old clip from 63 Steve Allen Show with Frank Zappa playing the bicycle. http://afacemeltingblogofstaggeringriffage.blogspot.com/2009/06/frank-zappa-plays-bicycle-on-steve.html

Enjoy or not. This may well be an old timer thing.

CrewC

that was great crew, the mic dropping into frame. steve allen was pretty witty, and Frank Z.telling is story about his movie score on the "worts movie ever made" wow what a young looking dude.

How do 204 people visit on one day when it is usually 24, 32, or so a day? Seems like a wild swing in interest for jwsound. Maybe the counter is broken.

CrewC

I'm glad you put up the "WTF" topic heading, seems to work for everything, doesn't it. As for the stats as reported by this software, it has been a mystery to me the somewhat erratic way in which it reports these things. Stuff like "most people online at one time : 300 on August 6th, stuff like that ... there's a big W T F for you.

-  Jeff Wexler

I was born n raised in So Cal.... We Love LA..... Lakers.... Dodgers.... Angels.... USC.... For all you Laker hating, "Beat LA", Sorry self hating sports fans.... Get used to it... Regardless of how you feel about us, We are LA......n Hate us all you want. We are the champs.

CrewC

Pittsburgh is a champion city this year for sure. I'm a big fan of the city and people. The Steelers are my adopted NFL team. As for hockey, I know nothing about it and could care less about it. I think one has to grow up and play a sport to be a fan. Most likely that is just me.

CrewC