WTF

old school

I did get a series of automatic alerts today that there were some problems accessing the database for this forum. Possibly this disrupted the stats. I am looking into how to reset the counter. I am sure that Crew is right and we could not have had over 1100 people online.

-  Jeff Wexler

I noticed yesterday, out of 40 guests, about 35 were viewing the same 7 month old topic. That topic has now been viewed over 5,000 times, placing it #10 on your top 10 topics (by views). That's very odd for a topic which received no replies. As I type these words, 6 guests (or the same one 6 times) are still viewing that same topic. Wondering if this and the 1100 online are related.

I noticed yesterday, out of 40 guests, about 35 were viewing the same 7 month old topic. That topic has now been viewed over 5,000 times, placing it #10 on your top 10 topics (by views). That's very odd for a topic which received no replies. As I type these words, 6 guests (or the same one 6 times) are still viewing that same topic. Wondering if this and the 1100 online are related.

OK, I'll bite, what topic?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This made my day, especially in light of Kathy's extreme state of excitement over our paddling trip.

Thanks, Crew.

You, sir, are a great American!

Best etc.

Jim

I started playing the ukulele last year and I am a fan of the instrument. I also love old surf music. I also dig animation. So WTF. I found this example of all three in one form. Wow. BTW, "Walk don't Run" is an instrumental.   Enjoy.

CrewC

I found this on boingboing care of YT. Most who live in So Cal know when the Space Shuttle lands at Edwards AF base as we are treated to a double sonic boom. Last evening we were witness to another. I wish I were rolling when it happened. Were any of my So Cal Mixers rolling? Would be great to hear. This is pretty cool Video clip, but could of used about 1/2 of it IMO.

CrewC

I was out running on Friday (a very non-characteristic thing for me, but I'm trying to get into shape), and the sonic boom went off while I was about five miles in, just as I passed another runner. I immediately quipped, "I think it came from the grassy knoll."

Luckily for me, the other guy laughed and kept on running.

I hope somebody was rolling and got a clean recording of it! Which reminds me how I once recorded the Apollo 17 launch at the Cape Canaveral press site (2 miles from the pad), with my film school's Nagra III and I think a Sennheiser 416T. If I could only find that tape...

--Marc W.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...